Cheaperthandirt.com - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cheaperthandirt.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11496

They lost me a few years ago when I ordered a BB gun (Roy Rogers limited edition) for my son as a Christmas present. They refused to ship to California. A freaking BB gun. I had it shipped to my sister in Washington and my parents drove it here. After that I vowed never again. That was probably 10 years ago.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 02-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I like the Ft. Worth Gun Show. I usually hit a few of the LGS in the Dallas area as well. They have really hurt themselves down there with the local folks.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #33

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

I'd still like some of these guys to explain how you mark up a GI mag that normally costs on the high side $15 up to $100.So another thing these guys are saying is that if we have another hurricane like Katrina or Charlie that it's ok to sell $12 milk and $13 gas.I call bull$#!/ on them guys.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #34

Liked 82 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
The Kenyan and his minions are the problems here. I would not take your wrath on vendors trying to make a living in these troubled times.

If they sold for less, they would be sold out, and then everyone would complain about that.

I just ordered 100 rounds of 10mm from CheeperThanDirt, no it was not prices of one year ago, or five years ago, or ten years ago. Big deal.

If you find it for less somewhere else, post your good fortune here, and praise be to you all. However, to say you will never purchase from them again, because of King Obama BS is childish.

All this comes back to our political leadership, on both sides of the isle, where they are blaming the objects, rather than blaming the Prozac filled nut jobs that use guns and ammo.
Obama did not call Cheaper Than Dirt and tell them mark up their prices. They are just plain taking advantage of a bad situation. That's business. I get it and that's fine. Luckily for me, I have enough common sense (or maybe just childish enough) to shop one of the 100s of other retailers that haven't jacked up their prices despite the political climate.

Quote:
Because of internet chatter, from people you never met, you are going to NEVER do something.

Wow, nice to see how mob rule works. That is why a Republic is a safer place to live over a democracy, because the average Joe more often than not, floats with the currents of the wind.
It's kind of like reading reviews for a product your about to purchase. When everyone except for one person says it's a shi77y product, you most likely are going to make the decision to purchase a different product or wait on something different to come along. Not exactly mob rule IMO.

Quote:
I see CheaperThanDirt is selling AR Colts for $4000. I admit that is high, but the alternative would be selling them like Wal-Mary at $1097 and never having them in stock.

I own and operate a storefront business from 1993 to date. Not an east task some days.

Personally, for people with a little cash in their pockets, I like to see a shop with inventory. More pisses me off, Wal-Mary being sold out, than CheaperThanDirt selling high and still having inventory.

I am glad they were selling the 10mm ammo just high enough, my order found waiting inventory.
Jacking up the price just to keep product in stock????

"No one shops here anymore but, by God we have it in stock!!"
Old 02-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #35

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyj

Obama did not call Cheaper Than Dirt and tell them mark up their prices. They are just plain taking advantage of a bad situation. That's business. I get it and that's fine. Luckily for me, I have enough common sense (or maybe just childish enough) to shop one of the 100s of other retailers that haven't jacked up their prices despite the political climate.

It's kind of like reading reviews for a product your about to purchase. When everyone except for one person says it's a shi77y product, you most likely are going to make the decision to purchase a different product or wait on something different to come along. Not exactly mob rule IMO.

Jacking up the price just to keep product in stock????

"No one shops here anymore but, by God we have it in stock!!"
Speaking of ammo I was at Gander Mountain last night and they were pretty well stocked.Maybe I was there right after a shipment. But either way I was shocked!

Old 03-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #36
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2989 Times on 1557 Posts
Likes Given: 277

Quote:
The Kenyan and his minions are the problems here. I would not take your wrath on vendors trying to make a living in these troubled times.

If they sold for less, they would be sold out, and then everyone would complain about that.

I just ordered 100 rounds of 10mm from CheeperThanDirt, no it was not prices of one year ago, or five years ago, or ten years ago. Big deal.

If you find it for less somewhere else, post your good fortune here, and praise be to you all. However, to say you will never purchase from them again, because of King Obama BS is childish.

All this comes back to our political leadership, on both sides of the isle, where they are blaming the objects, rather than blaming the Prozac filled nut jobs that use guns and ammo.
So I guess the huge markups from Y2K were also Barry's fault? Get over it.

Quote:
I ordered today, from CheaperThanDirt, because they had the best price I could find on 10mm ammo. I used www.ammoseek.com to find the best price.

I registered with their site, took a minute. Sent me a confermation email, and just now, I get an email saying the ammo was shipped. Shipped the same day I ordered it, and I ordered it in the afternoon.

Harbor Freight charged me twice for a $1000 tool box, and claimed they sent me two of them. It took several months to sort it out, finally by the freight company saying I only picked up one tool box.

Do I go around throwing mud on Harbor Freight because of a business error? No (until now )

I shop in Harbor Freight stores, and still order from them on-line.

Find the best price, and move on.
Just because Harbor Freight made a mistake does not mean CTD is honorable.

Quote:
Wal-Mary has price deals, under contract with manufacturers, that you and I cannot get as retailers. So when Wal-Mary FORCES their first line Colt supplier to sell them to them for $1055 delivered (blind guess) , they make an instant 40 plus bucks. Wal-Mary also forces makers to build to their standards, so if the Colt at Wal-Mary were something less in quality somewhere along the line, I would not be surprised.

CTD may get their guns from several mark up sources, even buyers at gun shows, to keep inventory up. All those hands want greased, so a business has inventory to sell.

I am not going to spend $4000 on a Colt AR, but I am not offended at CTD for selling them.

I am ticked at a process that put a dictator in power of the greatest nation in the history of the world, and that phony is a Kenyan by birth, with Marxist minions all around him. That is where my frustration points in all of this.
CTD does not sell guns. They provide a forum to put buyers and sellers together. It looks like they ship from different warehouses, but that is actually different companies that pay to be linked through CTD. I do not think CTD has an FFL.

Cheaper than dirt is one of the more unscrupulous retailers on the net. I would not give them one time, ever again.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #37

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Check this out-
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-4700

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #38

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
34 bucks for tula REALLY !Now that's just stupid!really mad...X-(

Old 03-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #39
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1104 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 242

You guys that hate CTD so much should hang out in the hate thread. Lol

My 10mm came in FAST from CTD at the best price on the net when I ordered it.

You guys with issues, seek medication, I guess.

I used ammoseek and CTD had the best price.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #40

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

There is nothing about their prices that is "cheaper than dirt". They end up screwing you even harder with their outrageous shipping charges.

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones