Cheaperthandirt.com - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cheaperthandirt.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 12:39 AM   #21
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1108 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolietGunner View Post
Thanks for the input guys they will NEVER get my business!!
Because of internet chatter, from people you never met, you are going to NEVER do something.

Wow, nice to see how mob rule works. That is why a Republic is a safer place to live over a democracy, because the average Joe more often than not, floats with the currents of the wind.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #22

Liked 54 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I think what people are finding is other vendors may have longa$$ backorders,buuut they havent jacked there prices to the moon to make more then extra profit preying on the situation at hand. Im sure CTD isnt in the poorhouse making them crazy. Maybe they are im not sure tbh lol.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:49 AM   #23

Liked 749 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 793

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyj View Post
They are trustworthy in my experience. That being said, I won't use them anymore because of the price gouging. Their prices are ridiculous.
It goes way deeper then that

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
They have recently p'od a lot of people on here of by raising prices.

I have used them for years and stuff is shipped quickly , packed well and they always had agreat selection with an easy to use website.

I personally have found many deals in the past.

But they are now unpopular on this site especially since they raised thier magazine prices much higher than everyone else.

Based on great experinces in the past I will still use them if the deal is right,
Wait till they triple charge your account and take months to pay the $$ back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Had the same experience with them-
They pissed me off so won't use them anymore--
+100

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Yepp, and I was a fairly regular buyer on that site. Never again. Ive gone elsewhere. They can kiss my ass
Pucker up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry18 View Post
Good plan. I wouldn't give them a nickel for cold glass of water in the desert.
Like this guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
The Kenyan and his minions are the problems here. I would not take your wrath on vendors trying to make a living in these troubled times.

If they sold for less, they would be sold out, and then everyone would complain about that.

I just ordered 100 rounds of 10mm from CheeperThanDirt, no it was not prices of one year ago, or five years ago, or ten years ago. Big deal.

If you find it for less somewhere else, post your good fortune here, and praise be to you all. However, to say you will never purchase from them again, because of King Obama BS is childish.

All this comes back to our political leadership, on both sides of the isle, where they are blaming the objects, rather than blaming the Prozac filled nut jobs that use guns and ammo.
Cheaper then dirt have very bad business practices. I use to do business w/ them, quite a bit. When They charge my card, 3 times and denied any error it caught my attention. It took 3 months to get the $$ back from them, w/ the NH attorney general getting involved. They never paid the fees that I incurred because of their screw up. They just suck.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:00 AM   #24

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
The Kenyan and his minions are the problems here. I would not take your wrath on vendors trying to make a living in these troubled times.

If they sold for less, they would be sold out, and then everyone would complain about that.

I just ordered 100 rounds of 10mm from CheeperThanDirt, no it was not prices of one year ago, or five years ago, or ten years ago. Big deal.

If you find it for less somewhere else, post your good fortune here, and praise be to you all. However, to say you will never purchase from them again, because of King Obama BS is childish.

All this comes back to our political leadership, on both sides of the isle, where they are blaming the objects, rather than blaming the Prozac filled nut jobs that use guns and ammo.
So it's OK to charge $20 for a box of 9mm Tula & $15 shipping?

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #25

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post

So then it's the gubmints fault that they raised prices on things as much as 300%? And that was so they could keep inventory...? Tell me one company that prices anything so they can not run out of inventory.
Maybe you're right..And they can keep their inventory. They have acted like thieves in the night making uber profit off a scared public. Good for their stockholders. I guess, but I think the company name needs changed to cheap is a word that we will change the definition of when it suits our ability to pull massive profit. Sure they should be allowed to make money. That's what business does. But at what point is it OK to do what others are ding just because you can get away with it.

And what about the We wont sell any guns for a while thing? That was about keeping inventory? No, they just got scared that Pappa O would not come after them for doing what they did for years and was in no way illegal.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion but I remember places like CTD for when things calm back down. There are several companies that did not do the same thing or at the least kept from going mad with profit sickness in the heat of the moment. THese are the polaces that will get my money in thew future. CTD will not get a penny form me and has not since the first go around with Obama Profit Syndrome.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-28-2013, 03:10 AM   #26

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Ordered some stuff from there before, but not anymore. I'll just use my sportsman's guide membership to get sweet deals on milsurp stuff :-)

Old 02-28-2013, 05:32 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I ordered today, from CheaperThanDirt, because they had the best price I could find on 10mm ammo. I used www.ammoseek.com to find the best price.

I registered with their site, took a minute. Sent me a confermation email, and just now, I get an email saying the ammo was shipped. Shipped the same day I ordered it, and I ordered it in the afternoon.

Harbor Freight charged me twice for a $1000 tool box, and claimed they sent me two of them. It took several months to sort it out, finally by the freight company saying I only picked up one tool box.

Do I go around throwing mud on Harbor Freight because of a business error? No (until now )

I shop in Harbor Freight stores, and still order from them on-line.

Find the best price, and move on.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I see CheaperThanDirt is selling AR Colts for $4000. I admit that is high, but the alternative would be selling them like Wal-Mary at $1097 and never having them in stock.

I own and operate a storefront business from 1993 to date. Not an east task some days.

Personally, for people with a little cash in their pockets, I like to see a shop with inventory. More pisses me off, Wal-Mary being sold out, than CheaperThanDirt selling high and still having inventory.

I am glad they were selling the 10mm ammo just high enough, my order found waiting inventory.

Last edited by AR10; 02-28-2013 at 05:39 AM.
bluez Likes This 
Old 02-28-2013, 05:42 AM   #29

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
I see CheaperThanDirt is selling AR Colts for $4000. I admit that is high, but the alternative would be selling them like Wal-Mary at $1097 and never having them in stock.

I own and operate a storefront business from 1993 to date. Not an east task some days.

Personally, for people with a little cash in their pockets, I like to see a shop with inventory. More pisses me off, Wal-Mary being sold out, than CheaperThanDirt selling high and still having inventory.

I am glad they were selling the 10mm ammo just high enough, my order found waiting inventory.
What kind of dirt they comparing themselves to? $2,800 or so is one hell of a mark-up. Price gougers will be remember when sanity returns to the market.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 02-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
What kind of dirt they comparing themselves to? $2,800 or so is one hell of a mark-up. Price gougers will be remember when sanity returns to the market.
Wal-Mary has price deals, under contract with manufacturers, that you and I cannot get as retailers. So when Wal-Mary FORCES their first line Colt supplier to sell them to them for $1055 delivered (blind guess) , they make an instant 40 plus bucks. Wal-Mary also forces makers to build to their standards, so if the Colt at Wal-Mary were something less in quality somewhere along the line, I would not be surprised.

CTD may get their guns from several mark up sources, even buyers at gun shows, to keep inventory up. All those hands want greased, so a business has inventory to sell.

I am not going to spend $4000 on a Colt AR, but I am not offended at CTD for selling them.

I am ticked at a process that put a dictator in power of the greatest nation in the history of the world, and that phony is a Kenyan by birth, with Marxist minions all around him. That is where my frustration points in all of this.