Cheaperthandirt.com - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cheaperthandirt.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 89 Posts

I thought the sporting goods stores like Dicks were the first to stop...don't remember which "big box stores" it was, but it was one of the outdoors/sporting goods stores. NOT the Cabelas or Bass Pro's, but the more generic, "all sporting goods stores" that had a gun counter.

Anyway, Yes, I've ordered from CTD in the past. I paid fair prices, they shipped quickly, and I received what I paid for quickly.

BUT...when they decided to rake in the cash because of the panic buying, they lost me as a future customer. I saw them charging over $100 for a colt, GI/Mil spec aluminum 30-round AR-15/M16/M4 magazine that just a few weeks before was selling for about $20, that was the final straw.

I'll give my business to the guys who stated up front "we're not raising prices, instead, we'll add you to the backlog, and we'll fill your order when we can, you will not be charged until your order ships, and if a ban is passed before your order is filled, we will cancel your order.

CTD is NOT a monopoly. Everything they sell can be found at other online mail-order stores, at the same prices. Don't do business with the Dirt anymore!

Old 02-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #12

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Just looked on their Facebook page.. They had posts and pictures on there that said they were suspending sales. All evidence has been removed. They got the hint I am guessing.

On the post they sent out there were about 20,000 comments cussing them and telling them they lost their business.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #13

Liked 23 Times on 15 Posts

Thanks for the heads up guys. I ordered a year or so ago and was very happy with product and service as I had to exchange what I ordered for a diff size.. But with this crap ill defiantly stick with sg for ordering

Old 02-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Good plan. I wouldn't give them a nickel for cold glass of water in the desert.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383
I thought the sporting goods stores like Dicks were the first to stop...don't remember which "big box stores" it was, but it was one of the outdoors/sporting goods stores. NOT the Cabelas or Bass Pro's, but the more generic, "all sporting goods stores" that had a gun counter.

Anyway, Yes, I've ordered from CTD in the past. I paid fair prices, they shipped quickly, and I received what I paid for quickly.

BUT...when they decided to rake in the cash because of the panic buying, they lost me as a future customer. I saw them charging over $100 for a colt, GI/Mil spec aluminum 30-round AR-15/M16/M4 magazine that just a few weeks before was selling for about $20, that was the final straw.

I'll give my business to the guys who stated up front "we're not raising prices, instead, we'll add you to the backlog, and we'll fill your order when we can, you will not be charged until your order ships, and if a ban is passed before your order is filled, we will cancel your order.

CTD is NOT a monopoly. Everything they sell can be found at other online mail-order stores, at the same prices. Don't do business with the Dirt anymore!
Thanks for the input guys they will NEVER get my business!!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Never bought from them, only looked in the past before all the b.s., and couldn't justify what I perceived as outrageous shipping prices, no matter which warehouse! If you're looking for parts and or accessories try eBay or Amazon. I've had luck finding great deals paying sometimes 75% or more off retail and often times with free shipping! It can be hit or miss, but keep checking, stuff does get listed.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolietGunner View Post
I was wondering about the integrity of the website.Is it good to use?If anyone on here uses it?
Cheaper Than Dirt used to be a good online retailer. However, since the price-gauging jamboree they have grown monstrously greedy! I since wrote to them discontinuing my membership.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #18

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

I agree since the day I saw the $100 for a GI mag I decided that they would never see another cent of my money.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #19

Liked 232 Times on 154 Posts

I ordered from CTD for many years and never had an issue with their products or customer service but they will never get another $ from me.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #20
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1108 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 242

The Kenyan and his minions are the problems here. I would not take your wrath on vendors trying to make a living in these troubled times.

If they sold for less, they would be sold out, and then everyone would complain about that.

I just ordered 100 rounds of 10mm from CheeperThanDirt, no it was not prices of one year ago, or five years ago, or ten years ago. Big deal.

If you find it for less somewhere else, post your good fortune here, and praise be to you all. However, to say you will never purchase from them again, because of King Obama BS is childish.

All this comes back to our political leadership, on both sides of the isle, where they are blaming the objects, rather than blaming the Prozac filled nut jobs that use guns and ammo.