Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Chat box (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/chat-box-100309/)

deathkricket 11-14-2013 12:43 AM

Chat box

Would any one be opposed to say a live chat box to talk in real time? I think it would be a good thing for general chit chat and to liven the place up a bit. I could see the valid point of it taking away some threads but I think it will not make that much of a impact. Maybe we can get the thoughts from of our staff members.

rocshaman 11-14-2013 12:46 AM

It's already been proposed and nixxed several times....

Axxe55 11-14-2013 12:48 AM

they had one here once years ago. it was huge failure and caused more problems that it solved. it was proposed and offered up last year and wasn't even considered.

IOW's, it ain't happening here on this forum.

deathkricket 11-14-2013 01:57 AM

:eek: ok ok my bad I must have missed a lot during my time away :D

......just sayin it would be nice....:(

rocshaman 11-14-2013 02:01 AM

It does sound cool, but ain't gonna fly around here...

Axxe55 11-14-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathkricket (Post 1431083)
:eek: ok ok my bad I must have missed a lot during my time away :D

......just sayin it would be nice....:(

they got rid of it simply because it was too hard to modulate and things went south very quickly.

i belong to a couple of smaller forums that have live chat, but they are very small and usually one or two of the mods are online, so it's hard for them to get out of hand. this forum has over 50,000 members. they only have 6 or 7 mods to regulate that many people. imagine trying to regulate a live chat and it's problems with that many people!

DrFootball 11-14-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55
they got rid of it simply because it was too hard to modulate and things went south very quickly. i belong to a couple of smaller forums that have live chat, but they are very small and usually one or two of the mods are online, so it's hard for them to get out of hand. this forum has over 50,000 members. they only have 6 or 7 mods to regulate that many people. imagine trying to regulate a live chat and it's problems with that many people!

There was a small chat group of some folks here that I was a part of, but the person who was running it let two "people" in who were thrown off of here prior, once they opened their mouths it was time for me to split. Chat rooms are a hassle to run. We had live chat on my Football site for about 5 mins.

deathkricket 11-14-2013 02:35 AM

Lets have a WE THE PEOPLE type chat room where users can vote the bad apples off without mods kinda like flagging a craigslist add :D I will volunteer to moderate it ;)

Axxe55 11-14-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathkricket (Post 1431114)
Lets have a WE THE PEOPLE type chat room where users can vote the bad apples off without mods kinda like flagging a craigslist add :D

wouldn't work. always someone that doesn't like someone else, and in the end, there wouldn't be anyone to chat with!:p

deathkricket 11-14-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55 (Post 1431115)
in the end, there wouldn't be anyone to chat with!:p

You can chat with me :D unless you dont like me then you could just tell me :(