Charitable Good Samaritan mauled by bear - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Charitable Good Samaritan mauled by bear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 02:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 1556

Default Leave the bears alone folks!!

One time I was up in Boone NC doing a reenacting weekend with my unit in a couple of restored cabins... I was explaining the removable chooks of wood in the walls to some girls from the local hippy college. How they would be used in case of attack, by either Cherokee or bears, as gun ports.... One of the girls said "We have a bear that comes around the dumpsters in the back of the dorms." I then said "You did conatct the wildlife authorities about it, right?"... She answered "No.. We've started to feed him because he shouldn't have to eat garb...'
Before she could finish I (without thinking) said "YOU DOLT!! NEVER DO THAT!!"
She puffed her tie-dyed self up at me and barked back "What would you have done...Mr Gun-owner, Mr Hunter..?? Bet you would have shot him, huh big man!!??" .... I replied "Well now thanks to you... someone will probably have to now. A natural fear of humans is essential to keep them from being a problem to populated areas... and I don't want to be the one around when he comes looking for food and I don't have any!!"

People watch too many Disney movies...