As to the change in me..! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > As to the change in me..!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Well Hell friend, if it wasn't for bad luck you'd have none at all. I feel we are kindred spirits.

I'm just wondering is the ravine will recover after you have violated it!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Damn!

Glad your ok Dango. Take it easy for awhile.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #23
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1581 Times on 967 Posts
Likes Given: 8185

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
YEAP , had good insurance and got a good dollar for the car.luck , it had nothing to do with it .! We are surrounded by hurds of white tails and I do mean heards .! I wasn't,t going that fast cause that time of year (rutt) critters are crazy a way out of the norm.
Fact is , they had the road completely blocked , about 23 or so .! I tried to just nick the one big doe in the butt to get around.! It was nothing but wet leaves and pine straw . Just that little bump was enough to kick the back end out and I caught a little gulley where water constantly runs .! Just enough to turn the car on it,s side and Weeeeee Haaaaaa , I slid down a good distancnce down the mountain ..! Sheeeez..!

If luck played into it , I was lucky that it slid down the gulley on it,s roof and side , it could have been way worse so luck , well luck did play into it cause it could have been so much worse...! Again , one lucky man and thanks but all is well .!
2 things Dango.

1. Chevy Malibus are NOT off road rated. Buy a Jeep or something!
2. Seriously, next time try the horizontal pedal on the left. My grandfather was a NY State Trooper for 22 years, and in all that time he learned (and tried to pass on to me) that if you try to swerve to avoid the deer you will almost always wreck the car. Trying to stop was the best Idea according to him. I drive a full size truck, so i just hit the gas myself. Does less damage to the truck, and I get a freezer full of venison that way.

Glad you made through that Bro. get better, and rest up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Dango are you and MobileMarine having a contest to see who dies or gets permanently crippled first?
Actually that's a 3 way race, and so far I am in the lead. Anyone else here blind in one eye, and missing half a foot yet?

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

texaswoodworker Likes This