Challenge Coin thread - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Challenge Coin thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Here's mine from the 82d. My team and I won coins for winning RATT (radioteletype) competition one month.
photo.jpg   photo2.jpg  

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
William S. Burroughs

Old 12-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #32
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8920 Times on 5336 Posts
Likes Given: 11925

Please tell me what these coins are. You earn them while in the military? If so, why would you want to trade them or give them away? If I earned one, you wouldn't be able to pry it out of my hands.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #33

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Please tell me what these coins are. You earn them while in the military? If so, why would you want to trade them or give them away? If I earned one, you wouldn't be able to pry it out of my hands.
Yes, that's what they are. And no, for many people you CAN'T pry them away. Although it's not completely unusual for some people to trade them off or give them away as gifts, it's all personal preference, and for some people they don't mean as much as for others, there are some people who are friends with others in different units and sometimes they trade them as mementos of friendship. Not much different than trading baseball cards, but they are worth much more in my opinion because of the lives lost that usually go along with them.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #34
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10997 Times on 4764 Posts
Likes Given: 1806

"Challenge coin" comes from a common use for these. On joining a unit, you may be issued a basic challenge coin. Walk into the club, anyone can lay a challenge coin down. If you can produce and lay your coin down, he buys the drinks. If you can't, you buy. In some units, you buy for the bar. EVERYONE at the bar. There are special event coins, coins given in recognition of achievement/ contribution to a goal, etc.

Highly unofficial, very effective leadership tool. See also Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs- section on love, belonging and self esteem. Or, to borrow a phrase from Kipling- "what makes the boys get up and shoot".

Old 12-14-2011, 05:40 AM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF
Yes I mean you cause you just don't show off those coins that you never earned it's a unwritten law in the sf community
You haven't earned any either, dip****.
Once again, you have shown how a real Special Forces soldier WOULDN'T ACT, SPEAK, or type on the internet.

You're a troll. A ****ing PX Ranger.

Sit down and shut up.

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 12-15-2011, 05:26 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 145 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Challenge Coin thread - The Club House

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.