Celebrate Earth Day - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Celebrate Earth Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1973 Times on 1261 Posts
Likes Given: 4470

I like Earth Day and I'm all for the environment. Yea environmentalist tend to be a little dense (I'm not going to get started on that one) but that doesn't make carrying about the environment a bad thing. Their hearts are in the right place (most of them) they just need for their head's to catch up.

People Like This 
Old 04-23-2014, 01:58 AM   #22

Liked 2512 Times on 1477 Posts
Likes Given: 577

I like nature and Winds makes some good points with regard to hunting grounds. My problem with earth day is that it has become narrow focused and that focus has mostly been directed by liberals. They love to feel good about saving things without realizing the impact that a narrow focus can have. Saving wolves has done a lot to thin out deer and elk herds by quickly killing calves and fawns as they drop.

I had a swampy area in Georgia that I visited a lot. I trapped and hunted back there. The deer, the coyotes, the hogs, the beavers, otters, and raccoons all had to be managed. But to many "green minded" folks they couldn't see how too many coyotes or too many raccoons hurt the deer and turkey populations, or how the beaver would ruin tons of timber, or the otters would clean out a fish pond.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:25 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4666 Times on 3142 Posts
Likes Given: 2353

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
I like nature and Winds makes some good points with regard to hunting grounds. My problem with earth day is that it has become narrow focused and that focus has mostly been directed by liberals. They love to feel good about saving things without realizing the impact that a narrow focus can have. Saving wolves has done a lot to thin out deer and elk herds by quickly killing calves and fawns as they drop.

I had a swampy area in Georgia that I visited a lot. I trapped and hunted back there. The deer, the coyotes, the hogs, the beavers, otters, and raccoons all had to be managed. But to many "green minded" folks they couldn't see how too many coyotes or too many raccoons hurt the deer and turkey populations, or how the beaver would ruin tons of timber, or the otters would clean out a fish pond.
Oh forget that. They will "fight" for every diseased, overgrown tree until it crashes on someone else's roof. I heard they used to get apoplectic from the controlled burnouts in the West. I know Earth Day should be apolitical, but unfortunately it isn't, and we are not the ones controlling the agenda. I think it's time our next nominee showed that we are serious about real Earth protection, and the liberals don't own it.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:07 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 195 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Firstly, I do my part to help in the conservation of nature in the state I live in. I donate to the FWC, volunteer for cleanup jobs, blah blah blah. Secondly,
Celebrate Earth Day - The Club House
Bigcountry02 Likes This 
Old 04-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #25

Liked 3257 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 433

This struck me funny.
Kid Rock shares a special Earth Day Message (Warning bad words)

http://twitchy.com/2014/04/22/kid-rock-shares-a-very-special-earth-day-message-with-the-world/
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 04-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1613 Times on 1092 Posts
Likes Given: 1750

I celebrate Earth Day everyday, the 3 R`s !.................
Old 04-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4549 Times on 2515 Posts
Likes Given: 23043

Earth day huh ? GMO , CHEM-TRAILS , FRACKING , A TOAST , GO EARTH !
People Like This 
Old 04-23-2014, 09:08 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1973 Times on 1261 Posts
Likes Given: 4470

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Earth day huh ? GMO , CHEM-TRAILS , FRACKING , A TOAST , GO EARTH !
Well technically the GMO's are good for the earth because farmers don't have to spray nearly as much agent orange and DDT on their crops! Of course that then means the agent orange and DDT are in the crops but it is still a net gain for the earth!!!!

Old 04-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1089 Times on 580 Posts

I save used motor oil all year so on earth day I can pour it down the storm drain. I figure that's possibly the fastest way to return if from where it came. Sewage gets treated and everything goes into a sealed landfill, but storm drains go to the nearest creek or river where the earth can break it down naturally! You too can do your part...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
I save used motor oil all year so on earth day I can pour it down the storm drain. I figure that's possibly the fastest way to return if from where it came. Sewage gets treated and everything goes into a sealed landfill, but storm drains go to the nearest creek or river where the earth can break it down naturally! You too can do your part...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
I LOL'd! But seriously, if you know a busy mechanic shop that produces a lot of waste oil, they are probably being paid for it by a recycler and could add yours to their total.