Celebrate Earth Day - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Celebrate Earth Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2702 Times on 1878 Posts
Likes Given: 1370

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I debated if I should post this in the sustenance living for or here. Obviously I chose here.

Many think Earth Day is a liberal, tree hugging day to be made fun of and to bash.

Okay, let me have an opposing point of view. I like earth day. I like nature and I like the biodiversity of our planet. I have bird feeders all over my yards because I like to see the birds and hear their pleasant chirping. I like to know the rainforests are there and the crazy weird animals living there are actually still there. I like our wilderness areas and the naturalness of those areas.

Are any of you hunters? Ruin the ecology of earth and you'll have nothing left to hunt. Will I plant a tree today? Probably not but if I knew of any event like that happening, I would definitely take part. Trees are a renewable resource and should be renewed when utilized. What's so wrong with that? Don't we do something similar in our homes every day? Do you recycle? I do. Do you try to conserve water and electricity and natural gas? I do. I don't understand how any of that would place me in the category of tree hugging liberal. Yeah, I'd like to see elephants, leopards, tigers, exotic snakes, rare frogs, etc. maintain their place on this earth. If one species is gone, it truly does have a far reaching affect on many things with a wide rippling effect.

Liberals aren't the only ones who 'hug trees'. Think about it, guys. If we recklessly overuse and deplete the resources of this planet, what are we going to be left with? Where will we hunt? What clean water would we have to drink? How would we grow crops if we didn't properly manage the soil? What would happen to the fish in the lakes and oceans?

I truly don't see anything wrong or "liberal" in trying to keep this planet going for as long as we can. Why do many conservatives bash this day as a fools folly?

Let me also add I was well on my way to finishing a degree in Environmental Biology when I was in my mid to late 30's when life's circumstances took that away from me and I've never been able to go back and finish that degree. And I am in no way ashamed or embarrassed that that is the career I wished I could have pursued. Thank God I had a degree in Medical Technology so I could earn a living all these years.

Can someone please explain to me why comments that bash Earth Day are considered appropriate? Feel free to either kick my butt all over the forum or agree with me. I'm tough. I can take it.
to answer your question directly, nothing is wrong with celebrating the Earth and especially about protecting it from ourselves.

This specific holiday is another matter. It sprang up from dirt, pun intended, and I am surprised nobody has mentioned it. One cofounder of the Earth Day was Ira "the Unicorn Killer" Einhorn. He murdered his girlfriend, then placed her body inside a wall, behind a layer of bricks. (The details are from memory, you can look them up) That happened at the same time he found new glory in "protecting life on Earth". AFAIR he jumped bail, disappeared, was found in France. The extradition took years. The State of PA had to promise the French that Einhorn would not be executed. I think he is alive, in prison.

This does not of course reflect on the good people who support the cause. Me, I don't care what righteous words were said at the Million Men March, because I know where it comes from. Louis Farrakhan. (Our future Commander-in-Chief duly attended Farrakhan's rally, because he "wanted to be with his people". But that's for another thread)

Anyway please pardon my rambling. I am all for the Earth, but not for the fake creation of the lecherous, lying hippies.

Last edited by Mercator; 04-22-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Eagle1803 Likes This 
Old 04-22-2014, 08:10 PM   #12
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7824 Times on 4697 Posts
Likes Given: 9855

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Earth day is a political movement designed to denegrate business commerce and technology.
I was hoping Earth Day was just a day to raise awareness to everyone that we need to be taking care of the earth and the little patches of land we own and garden and hunt.

Quote:
Hunters oil companies and other large corporations do more on a daily and ongoing basis to preserve the environment than any hippy birkenstock wearing dope smoking hippy earth day has ever done

This afternoon im burning tie die shirt in my burn pit
Hahaha.... actually, as I type, I just got done raking part of my yard and am burning leaves and sticks in my burn barrel.

And seriously, Jon, I luv ya and you know it but let me just say I wear Birkenstocks. I'm not a dope smoking hippy but damn, those shoes are extremely comfortable. They are the only shoes I can wear that don't hurt my feet. Shoes with a rubbery type bottom aren't firm enough to hold my foot and weak ankles steady. Birkies have a cork sole that have a little give but enough firmness to hold my foot steady. I've had the same pair for about 7 years now and wear them almost every day. They're getting a little raggedy looking so I'm going to be buying a new pair soon. I hope we can still be friends.

buckhuntr Likes This 
Old 04-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #13
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 846

Modern environmentalism has nothing to do with proper stewardship of natural resources, or preserving places like Yosemite. It is all about control of people. It is nothing more than totalitarian stateism dressed up in a "earth-friendly" message. In this manner, it gets support from a large host of people who want to feel like they are doing something good for the polar bears, or snail darters, or honey badgers. In reality, they are just useful idiots; and that is what stateists have always counted on.

Bottom line: I will never support any event that has the underlying purpose of making me a serf.

Disclaimer: the author does own Birkenstocks, but has never smoked dope.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 04-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #14

Liked 1133 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 740

Today is Earth Day? I have been inadvertently celebrating by cutting down trees. In all fairness, I plan to cut down a lot more, but I also plan to replace them with fruit, nut & shade trees.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

People Like This 
Old 04-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I hugged on a tree last night, but I was pretty hammered, it could have been a telephone pole or a large sign post...whatever, it was good for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
...And seriously, Jon, I luv ya and you know it but let me just say I wear Birkenstocks. I'm not a dope smoking hippy but damn, those shoes are extremely comfortable. They are the only shoes I can wear that don't hurt my feet. Shoes with a rubbery type bottom aren't firm enough to hold my foot and weak ankles steady. Birkies have a cork sole that have a little give but enough firmness to hold my foot steady. I've had the same pair for about 7 years now and wear them almost every day. They're getting a little raggedy looking so I'm going to be buying a new pair soon. I hope we can still be friends.
If you ash your pipe in them, it kills the foot funk...or so I've been told.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 04-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6035 Times on 3164 Posts
Likes Given: 433

One other thing.

Its american liberals celibration of vladimer lenin's birthday. They knew they could never openly celebrate the father of the communist manifesto openly so they plopped earth day on this day.

Thats why they focus on "evil" capitalism...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

rifleman1 Likes This 
Old 04-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
One other thing.

Its american liberals celibration of vladimer lenin's birthday....
LOL! I did not know that.

Quote:
Significance of April 22

Nelson chose the date in order to maximize participation on college campuses for what he conceived as an "environmental teach-in". He determined the week of April 19–25 was the best bet as it did not fall during exams or spring breaks.[35] Moreover, it did not conflict with religious holidays such as Easter or Passover, and was late enough in spring to have decent weather. More students were likely to be in class, and there would be less competition with other mid-week events—so he chose Wednesday, April 22. The day also fell after the anniversary of the birth of noted conservationist John Muir.

Unbeknownst to Nelson,[36] April 22, 1970, was coincidentally the 100th anniversary of the birth of Vladimir Lenin, when translated to the Gregorian calendar (which the Soviets adopted in 1918). Time reported that some suspected the date was not a coincidence, but a clue that the event was "a Communist trick", and quoted a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution as saying, "subversive elements plan to make American children live in an environment that is good for them."[37] J. Edgar Hoover, director of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation, may have found the Lenin connection intriguing; it was alleged the FBI conducted surveillance at the 1970 demonstrations.[38] The idea that the date was chosen to celebrate Lenin's centenary still persists in some quarters,[39][40] an idea borne out by the similarity with the subbotnik instituted by Lenin in 1920 as days on which people would have to do community service, which typically consisted in removing rubbish from public property and collecting recyclable material. Subbotniks were also imposed on other countries within the compass of Soviet power, including Eastern Europe, and at the height of its power the Soviet Union established a nation-wide subbotnik to be celebrated on Lenin's birthday, April 22, which had been proclaimed a national holiday celebrating communism by Nikita Khrushchev in 1955.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_day#April_22_observances

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:36 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 592 Times on 333 Posts

Valentines day,Mother's Day,Father's Day,and any other holiday that is not someone's birthday or death is a made up holiday either by hallmark or congress. But I bet we all celebrate one or two of them. I celebrated earth day today by planting 600 plants.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:49 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1846 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
I celebrated Earth Day today by taking a pee outdoors. Why not, my animals do it...and it replenishes vital nutrients in the soil.
In that case we celebrate Earth day every day around here..........
People Like This 
Old 04-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2702 Times on 1878 Posts
Likes Given: 1370

The Lenin connection is home-made nonsense. Of course there had to be a conspiracy. April 20 was Hitler's birthday. I can't begin to imagine what the great minds would have made of it if some earnest fool had chosen it instead of April 22.