Celebrate Earth Day


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Celebrate Earth Day

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,966
Liked 7147 Times on 4303 Posts
Likes Given: 8684

Default Celebrate Earth Day

I debated if I should post this in the sustenance living for or here. Obviously I chose here.

Many think Earth Day is a liberal, tree hugging day to be made fun of and to bash.

Okay, let me have an opposing point of view. I like earth day. I like nature and I like the biodiversity of our planet. I have bird feeders all over my yards because I like to see the birds and hear their pleasant chirping. I like to know the rainforests are there and the crazy weird animals living there are actually still there. I like our wilderness areas and the naturalness of those areas.

Are any of you hunters? Ruin the ecology of earth and you'll have nothing left to hunt. Will I plant a tree today? Probably not but if I knew of any event like that happening, I would definitely take part. Trees are a renewable resource and should be renewed when utilized. What's so wrong with that? Don't we do something similar in our homes every day? Do you recycle? I do. Do you try to conserve water and electricity and natural gas? I do. I don't understand how any of that would place me in the category of tree hugging liberal. Yeah, I'd like to see elephants, leopards, tigers, exotic snakes, rare frogs, etc. maintain their place on this earth. If one species is gone, it truly does have a far reaching affect on many things with a wide rippling effect.

Liberals aren't the only ones who 'hug trees'. Think about it, guys. If we recklessly overuse and deplete the resources of this planet, what are we going to be left with? Where will we hunt? What clean water would we have to drink? How would we grow crops if we didn't properly manage the soil? What would happen to the fish in the lakes and oceans?

I truly don't see anything wrong or "liberal" in trying to keep this planet going for as long as we can. Why do many conservatives bash this day as a fools folly?

Let me also add I was well on my way to finishing a degree in Environmental Biology when I was in my mid to late 30's when life's circumstances took that away from me and I've never been able to go back and finish that degree. And I am in no way ashamed or embarrassed that that is the career I wished I could have pursued. Thank God I had a degree in Medical Technology so I could earn a living all these years.

Can someone please explain to me why comments that bash Earth Day are considered appropriate? Feel free to either kick my butt all over the forum or agree with me. I'm tough. I can take it.



__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 04-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northeast San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,658
Liked 757 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

yay earth day



earth.jpg   earth-1.jpg   polar.jpg  
__________________

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

seancslaughter is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northeast San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,658
Liked 757 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

I too love the outdoors and believe that the best conservationists are not the liberal weenies who go jetsetting to the rainforest to make a documentary about slash and burn forestry in the rainforest and things like that, but the hunters and outdoorsmen(and women) who respect our planet and take care of things in the area they live in and around.

__________________

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

seancslaughter is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #4
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
7point62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Decisive Terrain
Posts: 2,040
Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Default

I celebrated Earth Day today by taking a pee outdoors. Why not, my animals do it...and it replenishes vital nutrients in the soil.

__________________
Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
7point62 is offline  
6
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 2,907
Liked 2531 Times on 1136 Posts
Likes Given: 2430

Default

I don't think the bashing is aimed so much at Earth Day as much as it is at the hypocritical liberals who started it. Look at al gore and the like.

__________________
rjd3282 is online now  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Eagle1803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: missouri
Posts: 865
Liked 636 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Default

They want it to be known as a liberal thing. I think the US with EPA abuses it and it hurts the small business and large bussinesses here at home, Look at the LEAD MINES they closed down, those companies where there for years and years, not to mention all the big corps that went overseas in the past.

But getting off EPA, I think we all should recycle and do our part for the future.

__________________


Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
Eagle1803 is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
7point62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Decisive Terrain
Posts: 2,040
Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I don't think the bashing is aimed so much at Earth Day as much as it is at the hypocritical liberals who started it. Look at al gore and the like.


Exactly. I come from a farm family. I get tired of these Holier-Than-Thou "protectors of the Earth" who chain themselves to trees. I think most of them are city folk who actually know very little about conservation.
__________________
Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
7point62 is offline  
6
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #8
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,601
Liked 5692 Times on 2973 Posts
Likes Given: 378

Default

Earth day is a political movement designed to denegrate business commerce and technology.

Hunters oil companies and other large corporations do more on a daily and ongoing basis to preserve the environment than any hippy birkenstock wearing dope smoking hippy earth day has ever done

This afternoon im burning tie die shirt in my burn pit

__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
8
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 1,209
Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I debated if I should post this in the sustenance living for or here. Obviously I chose here.

Many think Earth Day is a liberal, tree hugging day to be made fun of and to bash.

Okay, let me have an opposing point of view. I like earth day. I like nature and I like the biodiversity of our planet. I have bird feeders all over my yards because I like to see the birds and hear their pleasant chirping. I like to know the rainforests are there and the crazy weird animals living there are actually still there. I like our wilderness areas and the naturalness of those areas.

Are any of you hunters? Ruin the ecology of earth and you'll have nothing left to hunt. Will I plant a tree today? Probably not but if I knew of any event like that happening, I would definitely take part. Trees are a renewable resource and should be renewed when utilized. What's so wrong with that? Don't we do something similar in our homes every day? Do you recycle? I do. Do you try to conserve water and electricity and natural gas? I do. I don't understand how any of that would place me in the category of tree hugging liberal. Yeah, I'd like to see elephants, leopards, tigers, exotic snakes, rare frogs, etc. maintain their place on this earth. If one species is gone, it truly does have a far reaching affect on many things with a wide rippling effect.

Liberals aren't the only ones who 'hug trees'. Think about it, guys. If we recklessly overuse and deplete the resources of this planet, what are we going to be left with? Where will we hunt? What clean water would we have to drink? How would we grow crops if we didn't properly manage the soil? What would happen to the fish in the lakes and oceans?

I truly don't see anything wrong or "liberal" in trying to keep this planet going for as long as we can. Why do many conservatives bash this day as a fools folly?

Let me also add I was well on my way to finishing a degree in Environmental Biology when I was in my mid to late 30's when life's circumstances took that away from me and I've never been able to go back and finish that degree. And I am in no way ashamed or embarrassed that that is the career I wished I could have pursued. Thank God I had a degree in Medical Technology so I could earn a living all these years.

Can someone please explain to me why comments that bash Earth Day are considered appropriate? Feel free to either kick my butt all over the forum or agree with me. I'm tough. I can take it.
Hunters and fisherman actually do more to protect wild life and natural habitats than the various save the animal groups by buying liscenses and spending billions on equipment, habitat improvement etc. That said I am planting 15 saw tooth oaks and 25 crab apples in my food plots this weekend for earth day.
__________________
nchunt101 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WonderingMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 284
Liked 308 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Earth day is a political movement designed to denegrate business commerce and technology.

Hunters oil companies and other large corporations do more on a daily and ongoing basis to preserve the environment than any hippy birkenstock wearing dope smoking hippy earth day has ever done

This afternoon im burning tie die shirt in my burn pit
<What he said.

The entirety of the environmentalist movement has been co-opted by Our Glorious Progressive Leaders. The whole idea at this point is to deindustrialize the Western Nations. They want make us poor and dependent while promoting the "Protected Classes" of people at the expense of those that created the wealth to begin with. Notice that our Glorious Leaders and their "Environmentalist" pets never say anything about the fact that the Chinese are buying CANNED AIR because the air quality is so bad there.

Anyone who doesn't think that the "Environmentalist" movement is not directly linked to the worst elements of Socialist Society is smoking stuff that is still illegal in most states.

Us gun owners do more for the Environment every day than most of those smelly hippy types manage in a year. Every firearm we buy, every round of ammo that we take home has an 11% tax that goes to the Wildlife Fund. I have NEVER heard about any antifreedom gun control type address THAT little tid-bit of data.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A Heinlein
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
WonderingMind is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
How do you celebrate July 4th? tri70 The Club House 25 06-26-2013 02:01 PM
Gun Appreciation Day- How did you celebrate? BelRockRebel The Club House 4 01-25-2013 02:03 AM
To celebrate the Jayhawks making it to the Final Four.... BunnyWabbit The Club House 2 03-26-2012 02:22 AM
Let's Celebrate badbob85037 Arizona Gun Forum 2 02-18-2012 10:10 AM
Now its bad to celebrate the 4th of July cddbrowns Politics, Religion and Controversy 5 07-13-2011 12:17 AM