Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Celebrate Earth Day (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/celebrate-earth-day-106405/)

winds-of-change 04-22-2014 05:18 PM

Celebrate Earth Day
 
I debated if I should post this in the sustenance living for or here. Obviously I chose here.

Many think Earth Day is a liberal, tree hugging day to be made fun of and to bash.

Okay, let me have an opposing point of view. I like earth day. I like nature and I like the biodiversity of our planet. I have bird feeders all over my yards because I like to see the birds and hear their pleasant chirping. I like to know the rainforests are there and the crazy weird animals living there are actually still there. I like our wilderness areas and the naturalness of those areas.

Are any of you hunters? Ruin the ecology of earth and you'll have nothing left to hunt. Will I plant a tree today? Probably not but if I knew of any event like that happening, I would definitely take part. Trees are a renewable resource and should be renewed when utilized. What's so wrong with that? Don't we do something similar in our homes every day? Do you recycle? I do. Do you try to conserve water and electricity and natural gas? I do. I don't understand how any of that would place me in the category of tree hugging liberal. Yeah, I'd like to see elephants, leopards, tigers, exotic snakes, rare frogs, etc. maintain their place on this earth. If one species is gone, it truly does have a far reaching affect on many things with a wide rippling effect.

Liberals aren't the only ones who 'hug trees'. Think about it, guys. If we recklessly overuse and deplete the resources of this planet, what are we going to be left with? Where will we hunt? What clean water would we have to drink? How would we grow crops if we didn't properly manage the soil? What would happen to the fish in the lakes and oceans?

I truly don't see anything wrong or "liberal" in trying to keep this planet going for as long as we can. Why do many conservatives bash this day as a fools folly?

Let me also add I was well on my way to finishing a degree in Environmental Biology when I was in my mid to late 30's when life's circumstances took that away from me and I've never been able to go back and finish that degree. And I am in no way ashamed or embarrassed that that is the career I wished I could have pursued. Thank God I had a degree in Medical Technology so I could earn a living all these years.

Can someone please explain to me why comments that bash Earth Day are considered appropriate? Feel free to either kick my butt all over the forum or agree with me. I'm tough. I can take it. :p

seancslaughter 04-22-2014 05:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
yay earth day

seancslaughter 04-22-2014 05:27 PM

I too love the outdoors and believe that the best conservationists are not the liberal weenies who go jetsetting to the rainforest to make a documentary about slash and burn forestry in the rainforest and things like that, but the hunters and outdoorsmen(and women) who respect our planet and take care of things in the area they live in and around.

7point62 04-22-2014 05:29 PM

I celebrated Earth Day today by taking a pee outdoors. :D Why not, my animals do it...and it replenishes vital nutrients in the soil.

rjd3282 04-22-2014 05:32 PM

I don't think the bashing is aimed so much at Earth Day as much as it is at the hypocritical liberals who started it. Look at al gore and the like.

Eagle1803 04-22-2014 05:34 PM

They want it to be known as a liberal thing. I think the US with EPA abuses it and it hurts the small business and large bussinesses here at home, Look at the LEAD MINES they closed down, those companies where there for years and years, not to mention all the big corps that went overseas in the past.

But getting off EPA, I think we all should recycle and do our part for the future.:)

7point62 04-22-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjd3282 (Post 1564226)
I don't think the bashing is aimed so much at Earth Day as much as it is at the hypocritical liberals who started it. Look at al gore and the like.



Exactly. I come from a farm family. I get tired of these Holier-Than-Thou "protectors of the Earth" who chain themselves to trees. I think most of them are city folk who actually know very little about conservation.

JonM 04-22-2014 05:58 PM

Earth day is a political movement designed to denegrate business commerce and technology.

Hunters oil companies and other large corporations do more on a daily and ongoing basis to preserve the environment than any hippy birkenstock wearing dope smoking hippy earth day has ever done

This afternoon im burning tie die shirt in my burn pit

nchunt101 04-22-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1564220)
I debated if I should post this in the sustenance living for or here. Obviously I chose here.

Many think Earth Day is a liberal, tree hugging day to be made fun of and to bash.

Okay, let me have an opposing point of view. I like earth day. I like nature and I like the biodiversity of our planet. I have bird feeders all over my yards because I like to see the birds and hear their pleasant chirping. I like to know the rainforests are there and the crazy weird animals living there are actually still there. I like our wilderness areas and the naturalness of those areas.

Are any of you hunters? Ruin the ecology of earth and you'll have nothing left to hunt. Will I plant a tree today? Probably not but if I knew of any event like that happening, I would definitely take part. Trees are a renewable resource and should be renewed when utilized. What's so wrong with that? Don't we do something similar in our homes every day? Do you recycle? I do. Do you try to conserve water and electricity and natural gas? I do. I don't understand how any of that would place me in the category of tree hugging liberal. Yeah, I'd like to see elephants, leopards, tigers, exotic snakes, rare frogs, etc. maintain their place on this earth. If one species is gone, it truly does have a far reaching affect on many things with a wide rippling effect.

Liberals aren't the only ones who 'hug trees'. Think about it, guys. If we recklessly overuse and deplete the resources of this planet, what are we going to be left with? Where will we hunt? What clean water would we have to drink? How would we grow crops if we didn't properly manage the soil? What would happen to the fish in the lakes and oceans?

I truly don't see anything wrong or "liberal" in trying to keep this planet going for as long as we can. Why do many conservatives bash this day as a fools folly?

Let me also add I was well on my way to finishing a degree in Environmental Biology when I was in my mid to late 30's when life's circumstances took that away from me and I've never been able to go back and finish that degree. And I am in no way ashamed or embarrassed that that is the career I wished I could have pursued. Thank God I had a degree in Medical Technology so I could earn a living all these years.

Can someone please explain to me why comments that bash Earth Day are considered appropriate? Feel free to either kick my butt all over the forum or agree with me. I'm tough. I can take it. :p

Hunters and fisherman actually do more to protect wild life and natural habitats than the various save the animal groups by buying liscenses and spending billions on equipment, habitat improvement etc. That said I am planting 15 saw tooth oaks and 25 crab apples in my food plots this weekend for earth day.

WonderingMind 04-22-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1564233)
Earth day is a political movement designed to denegrate business commerce and technology.

Hunters oil companies and other large corporations do more on a daily and ongoing basis to preserve the environment than any hippy birkenstock wearing dope smoking hippy earth day has ever done

This afternoon im burning tie die shirt in my burn pit

<What he said.

The entirety of the environmentalist movement has been co-opted by Our Glorious Progressive Leaders. The whole idea at this point is to deindustrialize the Western Nations. They want make us poor and dependent while promoting the "Protected Classes" of people at the expense of those that created the wealth to begin with. Notice that our Glorious Leaders and their "Environmentalist" pets never say anything about the fact that the Chinese are buying CANNED AIR because the air quality is so bad there.

Anyone who doesn't think that the "Environmentalist" movement is not directly linked to the worst elements of Socialist Society is smoking stuff that is still illegal in most states.

Us gun owners do more for the Environment every day than most of those smelly hippy types manage in a year. Every firearm we buy, every round of ammo that we take home has an 11% tax that goes to the Wildlife Fund. I have NEVER heard about any antifreedom gun control type address THAT little tid-bit of data.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:04 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.