Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Caught up in the buying frenzy ?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/caught-up-buying-frenzy-76302/)

downsouth 11-13-2012 05:38 PM

Caught up in the buying frenzy ??

I guess I am, just put in an order from sportsmans guide for x39 sp & a triple pack of 30 rnd ak mags.

Plus a holster for my cz75spo1. Probably won't ban holsters anytime soon but what the hell.

gunsmoke11 11-13-2012 06:12 PM

Better watch out for holster bans as well, cause it's already happened. Not too many years ago a well respected holster maker known mostly for their western rigs, Alfonso Of Hollywood, had someone arrested by the LAPD for making a holster for a snub nose revolver that had been ordered by a police officer. Don't know the disposition of the case, but it can be looked up on the internet. This stuff can't be made up. I'm sure there's more to come.

vincent 11-13-2012 06:26 PM

Not here...no need to go into a frenzy since I get ammo and preps on a weekly basis as money permits.

It should, however, be interesting to see what is and isn't left on the shelves at my LGS this weekend...

orangello 11-13-2012 06:48 PM

I also picked up some SKS food in soft point, partly out of fear of a shortage and partly because i didn't have any in SP. I also picked up some .45acp by SilverBear, as i've never tried their stuff and wanted to. I gotta say, that SilverBear has the thinnest looking copper coating i've seen on a projectile. I did inventory my ammo and do plan to replenish a diminished stock of .38/.357 for my revolver and some 9mm as well. I have shot up much of that stockpile and failed to reup.

I must further confess that i will probably end up buying a few other things before i really intended or can afford them from concern over potential new regulations (>10 round mags for the SKS and maybe that Bersa+ i keep delaying). On the plus side, if the economy collapses i won't have to pay off my credit card. :D

downsouth 11-13-2012 06:51 PM

This frenzy has got you totally out of control gello, never thought you would buy anything that has a bear on it.

orangello 11-13-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 1013088)
This frenzy has got you totally out of control gello, never thought you would buy anything that has a bear on it.

If i could buy ammo made of bear bones, i would. At least this way, i get to light a fire under some bears.

Honestly, having grown up in the "Red Dawn" era, i find it amusing to buy ammo from Russia.

shadecorp 11-13-2012 08:17 PM

Caught UP??
Yes And I LOVE It.

jon1992d 11-13-2012 08:35 PM

Im gettin caught up as much as possible. I got a real cheap ar15 in 22 and i bought a reloading set. My next buy is an ak47 when it goes on sale and im lookin to sell/trade my .270 for a .308. And im takin my old bear bow to get fixed and buy more arrows :)

sputnik1988 11-13-2012 08:38 PM

With limited income available to spend on guns and ammo, my habits haven't changed.

I buy between 100-150 rounds of whatever a week. More guns is out of the question. :(

purehavoc 11-13-2012 09:33 PM

I recently bought up another 1000 rd case of .223 and 20 more pmags to put it in. I figure it doesn't do any good sitting in the boxes. It might as well be ready to go