Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cast Iron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4521 Times on 2377 Posts
Likes Given: 259

Default Cast Iron

anyone else love cast iron for cooking??

wife is b@tching cuz im re-seasoning my cast iron since its mid 40's out and it stinks up the house. i got the windows open and fans sucking out the smoke. she keeps coming in and complaining i keep telling her its too late least your getting a clean oven out of the deal.

i think its gonna be a lonely nite tonite :/

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

meant to put this in the clubhouse.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-01-2011, 01:28 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

I love cast iron and just lost one pan. Effing cat knocked it off the top of the freezer and the handle broke off.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:34 AM   #4

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Cast iron is the only way to go for some things for sure.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
meant to put this in the clubhouse.
And now it is.....Just like that.

I love my cast iron. For cooking indoors, it's the only way to go. Thumbs up on Cast Iron.

JD

Old 01-01-2011, 02:50 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I love cast iron and just lost one pan. Effing cat knocked it off the top of the freezer and the handle broke off.
Weld that sucker back on!!!

Wer anderen etwas vorgedacht, wird jahrelang nur ausgelacht.
Begreift man die Entdeckung endlich, so nennt sie jeder selbstverständlich.
-- Wilhelm Busch

Old 01-01-2011, 03:10 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The last time we moved, all of our cast iron disappeared. When we finally noticed, it was too late to do anything about it. I'm sure one of the movers is presently cooking with our pans.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-01-2011, 03:33 AM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
Weld that sucker back on!!!
With what my daughters hair dryer and some chapstick?

Old 01-01-2011, 03:56 AM   #9

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Cast iron is the only way to cook. I first started using a dutch oven in the back country, but when I got married I thought I was going to have to ditch the old stinky iron for some name brand over priced cookware.

Much to my surprise, my wife saw my ovens and told me how great she thought it was that I used iron. She was taught how to cook with it and will not make anything without using cast. Now we have over a dozen fry pans, griddles and ovens.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-01-2011, 04:02 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

the pan i re-seasoned today is about 90 years old. my great grandmother had it gave it to my grandma then i got from my mom. she went electric glass top. it had 90 years of crud on the bottom. its prolly over 90 thats just a guess.