Cars from your youth - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cars from your youth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 04:05 AM   #41
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My first car was a Opel GT my parents got for me, I hated the car! I traded it for a beat up '69 RS Camaro. My parents were pissed, it took a year before it was a daily driver and another year before it was sort of nice. I learned a lot about cars thanks to that expereince. I almost sold her recently but the company that bought her check didn't clear and she came back home with out ever leaving the truck

1968camaro5rightside.jpg  

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:07 AM   #42

Ok, I have been trying to avoid doing this but this thread keeps popping up. It's time to show my youth and inexperience. My first vehicle was a '99 GMC Sonoma pickup. Not even the 6 Cylinder, just the lowly 4 banger. But, it got great gas mileage, was red, and it had a bench front seat.... which comes in handy for certain, activities

I promise, it wasn't with any of your daughters!

"I have always felt that a politician is to be judged by the animosities he excites among his opponents." - Winston Churchill

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

Old 08-15-2009, 11:23 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliche View Post
I promise, it wasn't with any of your daughters!
Your level of certainty is somewhat suprising on a forum this conservative.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #44

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My first car was a 65 chevy biscayne,next a 73 vega,71 plymouth barracuda,another71 cuda,70 cuda,76 transam,76 corvette and 3 big boy kawasakis. The cudas were my favorite cars,I wish I still had them,they would be worth a small fortune today. I think I forgot another 71 cuda.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:58 AM   #45

Oooh, a car thread. Something I know a little about.

My first car was a '94 Mitsubishi Galant with a Frankenstein turbo engine and 5 speed transmission. I sold it at 250,000 miles

'87 Plymouth Colt Turbo. Stock, and sold it that way since it was IMPOSSIBLE to get parts for the blasted thing.

'83 Dodge Ram with slant 6 and 4 speed. That I gave to a "relative"

'82 Cadillac Sedan DeVille with the crap 4.1L all aluminum V8. I was mis led about the year (was told it was an '81 which would have had a 6.0 V8) I drove it for a year before it was stolen while I was trying to sell it.

Got my next "fun" car as a '98 Neon ACR which was HIGHLY modified for auto X. Made about 250 hp, but handled better than anything I've ever driven. Traded that in on...

'06 Dodge SRT-4. Totalled it after 6 months trying to keep from hitting a deer. Man that thing was fast. And lacking cruise control would easilly do deep triple digits on the highway if you didn't pay attention.

6 months later I got a '07 Dodge Ram V6. My first "responsible" car that got repo'd when I lost my job

And now I drive a '90 Nissan Hardbody with 300,000+ miles on it that hasn't a straight body panel on the entire truck. I paid $300 for it.

Another fun car will come, but I need a job first.

Oh, and excepting the caddy, every vehicle has been a manual. I detest automatics (funny since I rebuild them)

Old 08-18-2009, 06:18 AM   #46

Default Chevelle

Brothers 1971 SS yellow and black 454-4 speed. I would take it out and melt the tires off it.

"Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war"

Old 08-19-2009, 01:07 AM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

'55 Ford F100
'65 Chevy Impala 327 4BBL
'57 Chevy Bel Air 283 4BBL
'67 Camaro 6 cyl
Various family cars
'68 Mustang 302 4BBl with NOS

SOUTHERN BORN CONSERVATIVE REDNECK AND VERY PROUD OF IT

ARMY 1970-1971 MP SGT Nam
Army 1976-1994 MP/CID Agent 1SG

Old 08-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #48

Okay -whoa- .. you guys had some seriously sweet cars. Kudos to you, I only wish I ever had a car like yours! My first car, which I still have, is a 86 Pontiac Parisienne. Two toned gray and white with a white vinyl top. 307 Olds V8, always fancied the Rochester quadrajet carb on it for some silly reason. Called the "Titanic", "Land Boat" and "the Tank" I still adore this car and want to restore it. Repainted black/black vinyl top. Changed her oil herself with a bad pan/valve cover leak, smoked like I do, wasn't bad on gas (made up for that with the oil) Can't even turn her in for the cash for clunkers, gas mileage is too high! I always felt safe in that car, not so much in these newer smaller things. Big doe tore up the front grill/part of the hood and sheered the hood ornament off, but I barely felt a thing! Still runs, has tranny problems. People say I should sell it but so many people regret selling their firsts that I don't want to look back and feel the same! First car I learned how to fix a great deal of things on MYSELF, and have a great deal of pride in that.
Best memory: Thinking I was smart enough to "clean the carb" and removed it from the engine -- promptly turning it upside down. My father was very unhappy with me and instructed me on what horrible things would happen should I ever take a hankering to do it again My 2nd dream car is a 1958 Plymouth Fury. I know, keep dreaming!