Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Care Package To The Troops

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 663 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Default Care Package To The Troops

I have a buddy that is an Army lifer that I have known for several years. He's been in Iraq for two years, got back, went through special forces training, went to Afganafuqingastan for six weeks, and just got back.
Well I sent him a package and he was sent back before he got it so I got to talking to him abut who could get the bad ass package I got put together.
Well I got to thinking... Why not just pick out a random feller or two and pack them with rum in cherry jars, Playboys, candies, beef jerky, flee strips, etc.
If anyone would like to send some shiit to some random feller over seas, shoot me a pm. I will send you either an address to send it yourself or you can send it to me and I will ship it there in a big ass box. If you ship it to me, add your own gift card licked in an envelop to add to the package and mention of this forum.

Thanks in advance

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-16-2010, 03:14 AM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

For a small fee here you can become a Supporting Member. We are currently gathering Donations for the 3rd ID that Supporting Member NGIB works in G8 for. This donation is for all the single troops that come home to an empty barracks rooms and nothing much else. We are also trying to send some gift cards to popular restaurants like Applebees, ruby Tuesdays, Chili's ect......

I think it is great that you want to do the jester.

So for a small $15 yearly fee. You to can donate money to troops, become the butt of jokes in Benning Boy Novels and get picked on like crazy. The drawbacks are you gain access to hidden parts of the forum for Supporting Members ONLY. You gain access to a place that offer 30 to 75% discounts of thing like Kershaw and Spyderco knives Vortex optics, Sentlock clothing and many many more items. Oh and giveaway drawings happen all the time. We have two going on right now where you put in for a drawing then the winner doesn't know he won till he recieves the package. You pull out a few items that you want and replace them with items of like value. It is super fun and you get free stuff. How awesome is that I mean really....

If you want to be a part of a crazy and sometime slightly psychotic group of great men and women who love shooting, hunting, Our Troops, and giving stuff to eachother then $15 is well worth the money. That is like one trip to Burger King or Micky Dee's people.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:17 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yup, what Tango said.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-16-2010, 03:28 AM   #4

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

This is the card we will include with the Welcome back package.

Jester, come over to the dark side.

Become a

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #5

Never paid to be a member of a forum and haven't put a payment area on my own forum but it sounds worth while enough considering the site that you just might have talked me into it.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 09-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I was just about the same way when I started here.

I got my first year for free from notdku the owner for a few information post I made. Then after that I have paid. Never thought I would pay to talk on the internet. But here you get way more than you pay for......

Old 09-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #7

Got other options aside from PayPal? I’ve not got the PayPal thing.

~George Washington

Old 09-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
I'm not with the paypal thing either. Just PM notdku and he will tell you where to send your check/MO. AND you'll get a nifty sticker for your car window or wherever.

Best $15 I EVER spent, without question.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Send notdku, the admin, a PM. He will give you the address of FTF Central and you can send a check or M.O. in for membership.

Right now, I believe, there are two or three giveaways going on, plus a traveling picture Penguin, a discount shopping arena for all sorts of cool stuff.... Oh, and The Trail.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Send notdku, the admin, a PM. He will give you the address of FTF Central and you can send a check or M.O. in for membership.

Right now, I believe, there are two or three giveaways going on, plus a traveling picture Penguin, a discount shopping arena for all sorts of cool stuff.... Oh, and The Trail.
Thanks all.

~George Washington