Cardboard figure keeps police at bay
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cardboard figure keeps police at bay

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Cardboard figure keeps police at bay

Cardboard figure keeps police at bay
by The Star-Ledger Continuous News Desk
Thursday November 27, 2008, 11:00 PM

A cardboard figure of a person inside a Somerset County bank kept police at bay for 90 minutes tonight, authorities said.

The standoff at the PNC Bank on routes 518 and 601 in the Skillman section of Montgomery Township ended at about 10:20 p.m., Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest said.

Police responded to the bank when an alarm went off about 8:40 p.m.

When officers arrived, they saw what they thought was at least one person through the windows of the bank, which had its blinds drawn, according to authorities.

Police then sealed off the area to traffic and evacuated residents in three nearby apartment buildings .

"I drove in the parking lot (of my apartment building) and see all these guys with guns," said Ross Stout

Authorities tried to make contact with whoever might be in the building. Officers used bullhorns, and then tried to call inside the building, Forrest said.

After failing to get any response from the figure inside, the SWAT team entered.

To their chagrin, they discovered the "person" seen inside the building was a full-size cardboard figure, Forrest said.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/11/cardboard_figure_keeps_police.html

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Barney, you caught Andy. I'll call out "Hootie hoo" and you answer "chicka chee, chicka chee".

Old 11-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #3

It's just part of the "cop vs. robber" arms escalation. Cops have been using cardboard cutouts for ages to scare speeders, and now robbers are using them to scare the police.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:10 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

thats funny stuff

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 11-30-2008, 02:36 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
Barney, you caught Andy. I'll call out "Hootie hoo" and you answer "chicka chee, chicka chee".
Yup, I think that's it.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-30-2008, 06:02 AM   #6

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Okay, this opens up soooo many possibilities.

1) Rotate cardboard Marine cutouts into the war, bring our guys home, and stalmate the entire Middle East.

2) Nominate a cardboard Republican candidate for 2012. Can't possibly do worse than the last one, and no embarrassing faux pas to be used against him. The debates would be priceless.

3) End the "best home defense round" debate by employing a cardboard guard with a cardboard Mossberg.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:05 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

y stop at just one, i say have a platoon in your house

Wars begin where u will

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

Old 11-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Well said, Sgtdeath, but why stop there? Go old school Blazing Saddles, and set up a cardboard copy of your whole town, complete with cardboard citizens. Load it with dynamite, when the home invasion takes place, Gene Wilder ends it with one well placed shot.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #9

You might want to bare in mind that all general patrol officers in the 42 UK police forces are unarmed, given the amount of illegal firearms available to the criminal fraternity I wouldn't be too quick to make fun of these officers who appear to be a little caucus, they are doing a job very few US police officers would do without a sidearm......................

Old 11-30-2008, 09:05 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Well said, Sgtdeath, but why stop there? Go old school Blazing Saddles, and set up a cardboard copy of your whole town, complete with cardboard citizens. Load it with dynamite, when the home invasion takes place, Gene Wilder ends it with one well placed shot.
great idea aswell as great movie, my favorite part is is when (forget characters name) holds himself hostage to get away from the bigots, laughed my a$$ off

Wars begin where u will