Car Accident

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Car Accident

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 700 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Car Accident

There was a single car accident outside my house last night. After hitting a tree then my neighbors mailbox the car engine compartment set fire. We put it out once but it reset. We couldn't get the door open to get the driver out. Fire and Police got there fast and got it under control.

accident.jpg  

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

That reminds me of an incident that occured at my first apartment years ago when I first moved out on my own. I lived in a building on the side of a curvy highway in a remote area. The first snow of the year was falling and I was watching T.V when I heard a loud crash outside. I looked out the window and saw a pickup on its roof in our parking lot. I slipped on my shoes, grabbed a flashlight and ran out to the vehicle.

What I saw when I looked inside is to this day one of the most horrible things I have ever seen. The vehicle had lost control going around a curve, ran off the highway, and hit the ditch. When it hit the ditch it had flipped, landed on its roof, and slid forward taking out our mail boxes, and stopped after hitting a tree.

Without going into gory detail I will just say that a quick glance inside told me there was nothing that could be done for the driver. When the police, and fire dept showed up they had to cut up the truck to retrive the body inside. I found out a few days later that the woman driving had a B.A.C over twice the legal limit. The moral of the story is that alcohol, high speed, and snowy winding roads don't mix.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 700 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

When I was 16 I got into a bad car accident. I hit gravel going too fast, the tires locked up, we went into a ditch and started barrel rolling into a field. Seatbelts saved our lives.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:15 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ja, motor vehicle crashes can be pretty bad (most aren't really accidents, they are usually the predictable result of willful circumstances).
My wife and I are members of the Falkland-Westwold Rescue Society, and we do the 'jaws-of-life' thing (our local volunteer fire department only responds to fires), and we've been to some nasty ones.

"Those who have long enjoyed privileges as we enjoy, forget, in time, that men have died to win them."

Franklin D. Roosvelt