caprica

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > caprica

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 04:01 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5922 Times on 3092 Posts
Likes Given: 417

Default caprica

anyone else watch caprica on sci-fi religously other than me??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-05-2011, 04:08 AM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I've watched it some. But I"m not an avid fan.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-05-2011, 04:18 AM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I like it but it really got weired.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:49 AM   #4
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2271 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 821

I watched BSG religiously, but I haven't kept up with Caprica.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 01-05-2011, 05:05 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

caprica is preluding to the new first cylon war series of bsg where adama is flying vipers

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-05-2011, 05:35 AM   #6

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I, personally, will have nothing to do with anything that was spawned or spewed from the mental midget of MooreRon (Ron Moore). I'd have had a different opinion IF MooreRon had not insulted the fans of the original Battlestar Galactica in his letter to Scifi.com.

The line that pissed me, and other TOS fans off, was this:

Quote:
If you agree with us, then this is the show for you. If not, then thanks for coming, but the popcorn is in a different aisle.
Well, for me, after reading his entire missive, the popcorn IS in a different aisle and I did NOT watch his abortion of Battlestar Galactica nor any spinoffs of said POS. Not to mention that when his POS appeared on the SciFi Channel, they had interviews with the cast and the dickwad that plays the chief or whatever his role was (Aaron something or other) came right out and called fans of TOS stupid, that was the kicker that voided any and ALL interest in MooreRon's POS production.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidflashgordon View Post
i, personally, will have nothing to do with anything that was spawned or spewed from the mental midget of mooreron (ron moore). I'd have had a different opinion if mooreron had not insulted the fans of the original battlestar galactica in his letter to scifi.com.

The line that pissed me, and other tos fans off, was this:

Well, for me, after reading his entire missive, the popcorn is in a different aisle and i did not watch his abortion of battlestar galactica nor any spinoffs of said pos. Not to mention that when his pos appeared on the scifi channel, they had interviews with the cast and the dickwad that plays the chief or whatever his role was (aaron something or other) came right out and called fans of tos stupid, that was the kicker that voided any and all interest in mooreron's pos production.
huh??????????

Old 01-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #8

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I watched the pilot. I remember being kinda impressed by the visuals, but beyond that not so much, so I didn't tune in.

I've also lost faith in the SyFy channel and will probably stop watching it unless they start showing sci-fi again

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 01-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

well the thing i liked the best about it is the hardcore gritty nature of the new BSG it is sooooo much better than the old one. not just the visuals but the writing acting and directing.

i think the BSg series is the only thing worth watching on scifi channel. other than that the rest of what they offer atm is pretty much a bunch of morons that believe in ghosts shooting film in dark rooms with night vision pretending to see ghosts...

i liked the original BSG but it was more cuz the cylons were so cool with their red light eye. but the whole baltar and muffy the robo-dog thing was where TNG got the wesley crusher idea. from that same barrel of bad TV ideas. the vipers and cylon raiders were totally cool ships i remember making plastic revell models of them.

but there is plenty of room to re-do the original series and fill the mythos out better and have it make far more sense.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #10

I love Eureka and Warehouse 13 oh and that Haven show.