Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   caprica (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/caprica-36448/)

JonM 01-05-2011 03:01 AM

caprica

anyone else watch caprica on sci-fi religously other than me??

DrumJunkie 01-05-2011 03:08 AM

I've watched it some. But I"m not an avid fan.

cpttango30 01-05-2011 03:18 AM

I like it but it really got weired.

ScottA 01-05-2011 03:49 AM

I watched BSG religiously, but I haven't kept up with Caprica.

JonM 01-05-2011 04:05 AM

caprica is preluding to the new first cylon war series of bsg where adama is flying vipers

AcidFlashGordon 01-05-2011 04:35 AM

I, personally, will have nothing to do with anything that was spawned or spewed from the mental midget of MooreRon (Ron Moore). I'd have had a different opinion IF MooreRon had not insulted the fans of the original Battlestar Galactica in his letter to Scifi.com.

The line that pissed me, and other TOS fans off, was this:

Quote:

If you agree with us, then this is the show for you. If not, then thanks for coming, but the popcorn is in a different aisle.
Well, for me, after reading his entire missive, the popcorn IS in a different aisle and I did NOT watch his abortion of Battlestar Galactica nor any spinoffs of said POS. Not to mention that when his POS appeared on the SciFi Channel, they had interviews with the cast and the dickwad that plays the chief or whatever his role was (Aaron something or other) came right out and called fans of TOS stupid, that was the kicker that voided any and ALL interest in MooreRon's POS production.

cpttango30 01-05-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidflashgordon (Post 415436)
i, personally, will have nothing to do with anything that was spawned or spewed from the mental midget of mooreron (ron moore). I'd have had a different opinion if mooreron had not insulted the fans of the original battlestar galactica in his letter to scifi.com.

The line that pissed me, and other tos fans off, was this:

Well, for me, after reading his entire missive, the popcorn is in a different aisle and i did not watch his abortion of battlestar galactica nor any spinoffs of said pos. Not to mention that when his pos appeared on the scifi channel, they had interviews with the cast and the dickwad that plays the chief or whatever his role was (aaron something or other) came right out and called fans of tos stupid, that was the kicker that voided any and all interest in mooreron's pos production.

huh??????????

Ubergopher 01-05-2011 11:44 AM

I watched the pilot. I remember being kinda impressed by the visuals, but beyond that not so much, so I didn't tune in.

I've also lost faith in the SyFy channel and will probably stop watching it unless they start showing sci-fi again

JonM 01-05-2011 01:03 PM

well the thing i liked the best about it is the hardcore gritty nature of the new BSG it is sooooo much better than the old one. not just the visuals but the writing acting and directing.

i think the BSg series is the only thing worth watching on scifi channel. other than that the rest of what they offer atm is pretty much a bunch of morons that believe in ghosts shooting film in dark rooms with night vision pretending to see ghosts...

i liked the original BSG but it was more cuz the cylons were so cool with their red light eye. but the whole baltar and muffy the robo-dog thing was where TNG got the wesley crusher idea. from that same barrel of bad TV ideas. the vipers and cylon raiders were totally cool ships i remember making plastic revell models of them.

but there is plenty of room to re-do the original series and fill the mythos out better and have it make far more sense.

cpttango30 01-05-2011 01:34 PM

I love Eureka and Warehouse 13 oh and that Haven show.