This can't be true! - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > This can't be true!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #21
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7025 Times on 4228 Posts
Likes Given: 8469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Oh, and the idea 1-0 game isn't the problem for me, at least somebody won. No, it's the idea that a 0-0 tie is considered an actual result. I hold the opinion that no serious sport should be allowed to end in a tie, much less a no score tie. I don't care if it comes down to Rock-Paper-Scissors with the towel boys, there needs to be a clear winner from a game that goes on that damned long.
Thanks for the laugh. That was a good one.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #22

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post

And someone from Rio wrote into the NYT saying "we don't need the World Cup!!! We need money for better health and Education plans!" They are among one of the richest countries @Earth, and they need money??? Please....
And the next time someone tells me How violent Soccer is i'm gonna ask them if they have ever been on the bottom of a pile up in a "real" football game?? I have seen someone come out of one with a Leg twisted at the Knee in an impossible angle!!
I played football in high school and its a rough sport BUT ...... hockey players are much tougher and far more skill is involved than any other sport imo

Old 07-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8141 Times on 4700 Posts
Likes Given: 10510

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
And someone from Rio wrote into the NYT saying "we don't need the World Cup!!! We need money for better health and Education plans!" They are among one of the richest countries @Earth, and they need money??? Please....
And the next time someone tells me How violent Soccer is i'm gonna ask them if they have ever been on the bottom of a pile up in a "real" football game?? I have seen someone come out of one with a Leg twisted at the Knee in an impossible angle!!
Years ago I was witness to a barroom contest of "Who's tougher" between an American football (not soccer) player and an Australian rugby player. The Aussie won. The guy ran through a wall in the bar and took out a stud in the process. When the American tried it the wall won.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21334 Times on 12105 Posts
Likes Given: 53179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Years ago I was witness to a barroom contest of "Who's tougher" between an American football (not soccer) player and an Australian rugby player. The Aussie won. The guy ran through a wall in the bar and took out a stud in the process. When the American tried it the wall won.
and rugby players don't wear pads either!
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #25
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7025 Times on 4228 Posts
Likes Given: 8469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Oh, well, you throw Rugby into the mix and they win for toughness, hands down. Those guys are ANIMALS who have no sense of pain at all.

Speaking of toughness and no sense of pain, whenever there is a family get together and my son and his FIL is there, they have MMA on TV. What the hell is wrong with those guys who get into that ring and fight like that? I can't tell you how many times I cover my eyes if I happen to wander in where they are to talk.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #26
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8141 Times on 4700 Posts
Likes Given: 10510

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Oh, well, you throw Rugby into the mix and they win for toughness, hands down. Those guys are ANIMALS who have no sense of pain at all.

Speaking of toughness and no sense of pain, whenever there is a family get together and my son and his FIL is there, they have MMA on TV. What the hell is wrong with those guys who get into that ring and fight like that? I can't tell you how many times I cover my eyes if I happen to wander in where they are to talk.
I am not a sports fan of any measure. I will go to a game if I get tickets, but I couldn't care less which team wins really. That bar match was very entertaining though! It was in Atlanta back in the 1980's. The American was a cousin or something of one of my companions and the Aussie was a guest of another guy we were with. It was all in good fun. There was significant damage to the bar but the worst of it was the wall.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #27

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
there have been many riots because of soccer games. in many countries, soccer is held to the same level as football is here.

i like baseball. it's a much more civilised sport than many of the others.
I think they riot because they are so mad at having to watch all that time and the score s 1-0

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21334 Times on 12105 Posts
Likes Given: 53179

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I think they riot because they are so mad at having to watch all that time and the score s 1-0
well i'll just stick with watching baseball. it's the only ball sport i like. i don't care for football or basketball. golf is boring as is tennis. never got into hockey or soccer. plus baseball was the only sport i palyed some in high school. wasn't really any good at playing it, but i enjoyed the game.

winds-of-change Likes This