Canine Companions #2 - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Canine Companions #2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Let's not forget the cat,, lol

forumrunner_20120413_000837.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #62

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Here's my boy Crimi. Always loved pits and never had a problem with a " vicious man eater". On the other hand I have met a lot of bad owners. Crimi is more than a pet, he is part of the family.

image-1629834647.jpg   image-1061176245.jpg   image-380483226.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #63

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Caliraised,, I'm withya 100% on that, had pits growing up and always loved them,, even though you get the feeling they love you more... its what makes them such loyal breed. Idiot owners who most probably shouldn't even OWN a dog, much less a pit are what's souring the dogs reputation. They are what they are,, powerful, protective, loyal family members,,, Its owners jobs to make sure the animal isn't put in situations where it could get itself in trouble unknowingly.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #64
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
Caliraised,, I'm withya 100% on that, had pits growing up and always loved them,, even though you get the feeling they love you more... its what makes them such loyal breed. Idiot owners who most probably shouldn't even OWN a dog, much less a pit are what's souring the dogs reputation. They are what they are,, powerful, protective, loyal family members,,, Its owners jobs to make sure the animal isn't put in situations where it could get itself in trouble unknowingly.
^^^^1000%^^^^

most dogs are only as good as the environment and the people around them. a dog that is mistreated and not given the attention it needs will lash out. a dog that is treated kindly and with affection will fight to the death to protect you. that i firmly believe.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:23 AM   #65

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

^^^^1000%^^^^

most dogs are only as good as the environment and the people around them. a dog that is mistreated and not given the attention it needs will lash out. a dog that is treated kindly and with affection will fight to the death to protect you. that i firmly believe.
Interesting fact my wife told me. And proved. If a dog is treated correctly and not abused. They produce the same chemical humans produce when they fall in love every time they see there owner.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:26 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Interesting fact my wife told me. And proved. If a dog is treated correctly and not abused. They produce the same chemical humans produce when they fall in love every time they see there owner.
i can believe that! mine act like they have not seen me in a week when i get home every night!

Old 12-31-2012, 03:35 AM   #67

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

You have to wonder? Are they driven by love or hunger?

2-gordons.jpg  
Old 12-31-2012, 04:02 AM   #68
RiverRat68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 120 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Comparison of Dogs to People!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
From left to right......Star, my Papillon......in the middle Ruby, my Pug.......on the right is Fly, my Border Collie. Three very good dogs.
Winds, I wish I could find that list of things, comparing people to dogs. I think the group is entitled "Why I like dogs better than people". One of them is "They are always happy to see you when you come home""You can scold them, but they will be back a few minutes later, for some lovi'n". Well , I think you get the picture. Anybody know what I'm refering to, plese post it.Nice looking dogs, I think your Pug is the "BOSS"

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post
Winds, I wish I could find that list of things, comparing people to dogs. I think the group is entitled "Why I like dogs better than people". One of them is "They are always happy to see you when you come home""You can scold them, but they will be back a few minutes later, for some lovi'n". Well , I think you get the picture. Anybody know what I'm refering to, plese post it.Nice looking dogs, I think your Pug is the "BOSS"
another good one, lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of the car and come back in two hours and see which one is happier to see you!
Old 12-31-2012, 04:26 AM   #70
RiverRat68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 120 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Found Article!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post

Found something similar to what I was refering to;

1 . Dogs never talk back to you. Kids do. So does your husband.

2 . Dogs always think you look good, no matter what you wear. They never think you look fat in ANYTHING and never notice when you gain weight. Unlike SOME people.

3 . Dogs are great listeners. They look RIGHT AT YOU with a look of concern when you tell themabout your rotten day and they guy that cut you off and the rude lady and SQUIRREL! Oh yeah, right, go on. Rotten day, etc, etc…SQUIRREL! Sorry, where were you again! I’m paying attention, promise…Then they lick your face to make it all better and sometimes their tongues go in your nose or mouth and EWWWW and…right. Benefits of dogs. Hold on. I’m thinking…

4 . Dogs have unconditional love for you. Just put down a few bowls of food a day and they’ll be all, “OH MY GAH MY BOWL IS FULL OF DIAMONDS!!! SWEEEET” It’s grand.

5 . Dogs keep your feet warm in the winter. Depending on their size, they also make good foot rests. AND! Some of them make good pillows or arms rests, too. Except for the part that when they breathe and your arm goes up and down while you’re typing on the lap top and stuff. That’skind of annoying. But! Arm rest!

6 . Dogs are fun. They give you something to do and will not ever allow you to be depressed or bored. The evidence I have to support this is BORDER COLLIE. If I dare to sit,a ball or frisbee is immediately brought to my attention. If I try to crawl into bed a fuzzy butt nudges me until I pet them. How could you be sad with that going on? YOU CAN’T.

7 . Dogs are always happy to see you. You can leave dogs home alone. You can’t do this with your kids. You can also put dogs in crates or cages or out in the yard when they misbehave. Again,you prolly shouldn’t do this with your kids. Just sayin’. Unless, of course your kid likes to be in dog cages like mine.

8 . Dogs need exercise. Lots of it. You get exercise by default. DUH! WINNING!

9 . You can leave your house for five minutes to run and errand and come back and your dog isall, “YOU’RE BAAACK! I MISSED YOU! HI! HI! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!” When you leave your house and you come back to your kids or husband, they’re all, “Oh, you left? I hadn’t noticed.” See? Much better for your ego.

1 0 .You can train your dogs. You can train them to clean up after themselves, even. You can train them to say, NOT LEAVE THEIR SHOES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR or PUT THEIR DISHES IN THE SINK or PUT THEIR DIRTY CLOTHES IN THE HAMPER, DANG IT. Not that I’m bitter or anything. I’m just putting it out there, mmkay? Got it? GOOD.

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

People Like This