Canine Companions #2 - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Canine Companions #2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #51
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

to those of you have gotten your companions from shelters, huge amount of respect for saving an animal when they would have been put down because they weren't adopted. giving them another chance at life is really heartwarming.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #52

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

well it looks like Tyson is a toilet bowl drinker!
He isn't. My wife took these when she was in the tub. Every time one of us gets in the shower they both try to git in. They love water
Old 12-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #53

Quote:
to those of you have gotten your companions from shelters, huge amount of respect for saving an animal when they would have been put down because they weren't adopted. giving them another chance at life is really heartwarming.
I got my lab off the street. Wh found her and her sister when they were about 3 months old. They were all skin and bones. We took them both in. Lilly and Daisy. Sadly Daisy was in to bad a shape and died a few days after. Lilly is the best dog I have ever had. I thank I could tech her to pee in the toilet if I wonted and flush. We even bought her a BOB. We bought Tyson. I have wonted a purple ribbon pit for years. And your just not going to find one of those in a shelter. But me and the wife agreed that every other dog we git will come from a shelter.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #54
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
He isn't. My wife took these when she was in the tub. Every time one of us gets in the shower they both try to git in. They love water
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
I got my lab off the street. Wh found her and her sister when they were about 3 months old. They were all skin and bones. We took them both in. Lilly and Daisy. Sadly Daisy was in to bad a shape and died a few days after. Lilly is the best dog I have ever had. I thank I could tech her to pee in the toilet if I wonted and flush. We even bought her a BOB. We bought Tyson. I have wonted a purple ribbon pit for years. And your just not going to find one of those in a shelter. But me and the wife agreed that every other dog we git will come from a shelter.
for some reason, some dogs like to drink out of the toilet!

we have several we have taht were strays or were dumped near our house. i am too much of a softy when it comes to animals.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #55

Quote:

for some reason, some dogs like to drink out of the toilet!

we have several we have taht were strays or were dumped near our house. i am too much of a softy when it comes to animals.
In some cases it might be bc you just flushed and its fresh water. Lol our cat drinks from the toilet.

Sad story. I just got home from work. (I work off shore so no guns) went to my moms before going home. There was a cat under her car. Looked like it was there for days. I thought it was dead. I walked up and nudged it with my boot. It did not move. I pulled it out and it tried to walk but fell over. It was in unrecoverable state. I thought the right thing to do was to take it out of its misery in a fast painless way. I dug a hole in my moms backyard and told my brother to git a gun because I did not have any with me. He brought me a 12ga with some number 8 I thank it was. I said no I need something bigger. I did not wont to take a chance on the first shot not taking it out. So he brought me a 3 1/2 OO buck. I said a little to big. He told me that's all he had other than hunting rifles. Of corse I wonted it to be as clean as possible. So I put a towel in the hole and laid him in it. I aimed just to the side of his head so that all the shot did not hit him. 2 pellets hit the right spot. No pain and no more suffering.
I draped the other 1/2 of the towel over him. My brother barred him. Even made a head stone.

I hunt a lot. And my brother dose to. But neither one of us wonted to take that shot. He did not even watch just turned his head and walked away. And I'm not a big fan of cats. But I still hate to see animals suffer.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:49 AM   #56

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

You did the right thing. I hate animal cruelty and suffering. I can't watch those commercials with all the shelter pets. I will never understand how someone can abuse an animal. On a lighter note here is my Boston Terrier/Pug. Her name is Laila and she is the sweetest dog I have ever had the privilege of being around.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #57

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

forumrunner_20121229_204937.jpg

forumrunner_20121229_205001.jpg

forumrunner_20121229_205014.jpg

forumrunner_20121229_205030.jpg
Old 12-30-2012, 02:21 AM   #58

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnolans
Lacy (left) and Taz (right).

Lacy is an Australian Cattle Dog and Taz is half German Shepherd, half Cattle Dog. They're both rescue dogs (that is, I got them from a rescue).

Great fun to be around. They love to play in the Wilderness.

2nd photo is near Flat Tops Wilderness, where I went hunting this last Fall.
Taz looks EXACTLY like my female Kaya that adopted me and my wife in Utah. She is an amazing dog and I have never seen another that so closely resembles her. My male is a Red Heeler / Cattledog mix named Fred. He is an awesome dog too but I am biased...of course. I have attached a picture of them both. Kaya on the left and Fred on the right. Ignore the guy in the middle.
image-2336553200.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #59

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Rurak, She's a cutie!

1911, great looking dogs you have.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #60

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I may have been one of the nine but ill play again,, heres my lil sidekick Maximus. Sure he's just a dog,, but also a great friend.

forumrunner_20121230_024515.jpg