Which Canidate is likely to get your vote? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Which Canidate is likely to get your vote?

View Poll Results: Which canidate are you likly to vote for?
Fred Thompson 20 60.61%
Hillary Clinton 0 0%
Ron Paul 8 24.24%
Barack Obama 1 3.03%
Rudy Guliani 1 3.03%
Joesph Biden 0 0%
Mike Huckabee 1 3.03%
John Edwards 1 3.03%
John McCain 1 3.03%
Sam Brownback 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
" We began to lose our Republic with Mr Lincoln's excesses, and EVERY president since his day have allowed it - or pushed it - towards the evil we have now.

Vote for your rights - especially your gun rights!

I agree. A lot of truth in that!

Old 09-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
Here's a newsflash: Mitt Romney is rich. So is Fred Thompson, so is John Edwards, so is just about every candidate running for president. Rich people spend money differently than working class folks.

.... and that is the problem with this country. You see it in big corporations where they are letting people go by the hundreds, relocating overseas to save costs, and yet their CEO gets a $6-million bonus!!! Don't get me started.............

Those with too much money don't know what it's like for regular people, so I can't see how they can speak for them, or be trusted to look out for their best interests.

FWIW I like Ron Paul and Huckabee, but neither of them stands a hope in hell!

Well behaved women rarely make history!

The Gun Lounge

Old 09-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #23

Oops................

Well behaved women rarely make history!

The Gun Lounge

Last edited by SheGUN; 09-04-2007 at 07:30 PM. Reason: double post!!!

Old 09-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #24
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Edward's health care plan is aggressive and I'm not the guy to defend it, or him really. Not today anyway (although I don't think national health care is necessarily so******t any more than a national highway system, farm subsidies, or public school systems are so******t).
When the government has the authority to take funds from people to divert to those who lack funds, you have socia1ism. All "universal health care" plans are, by definition, socia1ized health care schemes.

The Constitution requires the Federal government to maintain roads and bridges. Collecting taxes for that is fine.

There should be no Federal presence in the realm of education; that should be a state or local (county/city/town/district) issue only. For the record, I think public schooling stinks and is doing more harm than good for our children.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #25
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheGUN View Post
.... and that is the problem with this country. You see it in big corporations where they are letting people go by the hundreds, relocating overseas to save costs, and yet their CEO gets a $6-million bonus!!! Don't get me started.............

Those with too much money don't know what it's like for regular people, so I can't see how they can speak for them, or be trusted to look out for their best interests.

FWIW I like Ron Paul and Huckabee, but neither of them stands a hope in hell!
Having had the dubious privilege of dealing directly with CEOs of some pretty large companies, I can confirm that at least some CEOs are criminally stupid. They mortally shaft the company and then score a brilliant departure plan that keeps them rolling in dough 'til they croak. The company suffers, stockholders suffer, employees suffer...and the ex-CEO is doing just fine.

But not all CEOs are evil or incompetent. In fact, most are fine and actually earn their millions. I hope you don't begrudge people getting rich by exploiting their own skills and talents.

A business exists for one purpose only: to make the largest profit it possibly can. If a company is legally enabled to move its manufacturing or software development or any aspect of its operations out of the U.S. where employee costs are high to a locale where employee costs are much lower, you can expect that's what it'll do.

So, you might examine these two points. First, why are U.S. citizens so costly to employ (hint: taxes, insurance)? Second, why is it okay for us to export work to countries that abuse employees in fashions we would not tolerate here in the U.S. (eg: slave/child labor in China, lousy pay in Eastern Europe and India)?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounce View Post
Ron Paul.The only one who does and will abide by the Constitution.
I didn't see Tancredo up there. He's a good VP.
Thompson/Paul would be a good ticket

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

Old 09-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #27

Quote:
It's fine to disagree with his ideas. Just don't fall for the same stupid haircut smear they use in almost every election (it's $1000 now? Funny, it used to be $400).

Here's a newsflash: Mitt Romney is rich. So is Fred Thompson, so is John Edwards, so is just about every candidate running for president. Rich people spend money differently than working class folks.
Actually, I couldn't believe anyone who would be a member of this board would vote for Edwards (hence the hairdresser comment). He isn't the WORST demoncrap candidate, but his stand on many issues put him right there with them, IMHO.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:09 AM   #28

Default Torn between two canidates.

Right now I'm torn between 2 canidates. I like Fred Thompson's record and I realize that Rudy G. is anti-gun but anybody who can hold New York togeather after 9-11 has to have something good about them. Gary

Old 09-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtr100 View Post
Thompson/Paul would be a good ticket

http://www.appleseedinfo.org
Paul/Thompson? (or Tanccredo)

I saw on this thread somewhere that Paul was a right winger. Hardly. Abiding by the Constitution does not make one a right wing or left.

Last edited by Pounce; 09-06-2007 at 08:09 PM.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #30

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Fred Thompson, He looks like he should be a President and his pro-gun stance is good.

To date there sure is no commiecrat that I would cast a vote for.