Can you believe even Craftsman hand tools are made in china now?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Can you believe even Craftsman hand tools are made in china now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Default Can you believe even Craftsman hand tools are made in china now?

I was just talking to a friend and hes replacing his dishwasher and we got talkin bout tools and craftsman came up and I said its probably chinese junk just jokin around .

So I looked it up and to my dismay I was right . Craftsman hand tools are made in freakin china now yet theyre still fetching top dollar????? Crazy I bought a pretty good set in 2004 so I went to look and thank goodness my set is all USA made . I better not break any of them or eles Ill have to exchange it for that junk ass chines crap . I read even snap-on is outsourcing to china now and thats top of the line pro shops use =O . God I hate the new world.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6572 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I've started buying old tools (unless it's a power tool). A lot of the time, they are much higher quality, and can be much cheaper. If you don't mind putting a little elbow grease into them to clean them up, they can be even cheaper. Ebay is a great place to look. Shipping can sometimes be a pain though.

Note: I'm talking about woodworking tools, but the same can probably be said for mechanics tools as well.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 11-10-2012 at 10:08 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #3

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

That's why I go to harbor freight to buy my tools... Before you take a baseball bat to my knees hear me out... I'm not a professional mechanic, so I don't need high quality tools and craftmans expensive as well . The way I figure, if the tool breaks I get another one cheap. :-D

Don't judge me! :-P

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 11-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #4

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

Is Craftsman still guaranteed for life?

Old 11-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #5

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

Yes craftsman tools are guaranteed for life. I would rather buy something guaranteed

Old 11-11-2012, 03:30 AM   #6

Liked 2474 Times on 1607 Posts

Great. The financial apocalypse is near.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-11-2012, 03:37 AM   #7

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Anyone who thinks craftsman is "top dollar" has never stepped foot on the Snap-On truck.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #8

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Anyone who thinks craftsman is "top dollar" has never stepped foot on the Snap-On truck.
+1 or a matco truck I actually prefer matco swivel sockets. They don't have the ring that snap on has...better for tight spots.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 11-11-2012 at 03:53 AM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 04:16 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC167
That's why I go to harbor freight to buy my tools... Before you take a baseball bat to my knees hear me out... I'm not a professional mechanic, so I don't need high quality tools and craftmans expensive as well . The way I figure, if the tool breaks I get another one cheap. :-D

Don't judge me! :-P
Most hand tools sold anywhere come with a lifetime guarantee. Look on your set of wrenches from harbor, they will most likely say so. The thing about craftsman is you can walk into your local sears and swap it out. Other cheaper tools you have to send in. You are paying for convenience.

~CZ SP-01 Shadow
~Glock 23 Gen 4
~Glock 19 Gen4 FDE
~Sig P6
~Sig P238
~Sig Mosquito
~S&W 686+ Talo 3"
~Sig M400 Enhanced
~Ruger 10/22 Target

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 518 Times on 316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit44justin

Most hand tools sold anywhere come with a lifetime guarantee. Look on your set of wrenches from harbor, they will most likely say so. The thing about craftsman is you can walk into your local sears and swap it out. Other cheaper tools you have to send in. You are paying for convenience.
Not any more. The last time I took some tools to sears to get them replaced, a 1/4in ratchet and 1/2 extension that I snap in half. I thought I would just get two new ones and walk out, nope I got a refurbished ratchet. And they had to send me my extension away I guess to there HQ. and mail me a new one two weeks later.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"