Can you believe this

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Can you believe this

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 04:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Default Can you believe this

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/09/14317013-cook-county-considers-violence-tax-on-guns-and-ammo?lite

WTF OVER

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

This is actually not "old" news, but it's been around for a little while. I thought we already had a thread going on it somewhere...

Yes, just like anything else where someone blames the inanimate object instead of the person doing the crime, it's ridiculous, ludicrous, asinine, and there really is no word or combination of words that describe just how incredibly, unbelievably STUPID this is.

How about punishing the criminals when they're caught, instead of giving them a slap on the wrist and a turning them back out onto the street?

Old 10-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #3

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

i LOVE how ol' boy says that "1/3 of the 'recovered' firearms came from shops from the suburbs." this is what makes them wanna tax ammo and firearms more........WTF? and just how many didjur city recover last year??????????????????

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 10-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #4

Liked 4442 Times on 2199 Posts
Likes Given: 954

Here's a thought... How about next time a gang-banger comes in for treatment over a GSW, you friggin actually charge him for the medical care provided. And if he can't pay, then take away his government handouts until its equivalent to what he owes the hospital.

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

People Like This 
Old 10-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #5

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS
i LOVE how ol' boy says that "1/3 of the 'recovered' firearms came from shops from the suburbs." this is what makes them wanna tax ammo and firearms more........WTF? and just how many didjur city recover last year??????????????????
Another damn good question, just how many of those were gotten through theft and murder? I still have yet to see any evidence that LAC's are the real culprits for gun crime epidemics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
Here's a thought... How about next time a gang-banger comes in for treatment over a GSW, you friggin actually charge him for the medical care provided. And if he can't pay, then take away his government handouts until its equivalent to what he owes the hospital.
Better yet, just take his guvvy handouts and never give them back. Tell him to pray to the God of his choosing that he survives the injuries and almost certain onset of infection long enough to enter into the prison system and receive treatment there, where he can then work off the tab being employed by the state at less than minimum wage doing laundry for hospitals, stamping license plates, picking up trash, and doing maintenance on government vehicles owned by the local municipality, county, and state.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #6

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

So they want to tax legal guns and ammo again....How bout taxing gang bangers when they show up at the hospital with a gun shot wound, how bout taxing a convicted felon who gets caught with a firearm, how bout taxing dipship politicians who violate the Constitution......How bout a tax on political TV ads.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This