Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Can we knock it off with the "Convince Me" Threads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Default Can we knock it off with the "Convince Me" Threads

So yea.....like the title says. Is this not annoying to anyone else? No stab at any individual but for real, this drives me crazy.
I'm all for helping and yucking it up with you guys but give it a rest.
I'm gonna start posting, "Convince me to take a shower" or "convince me to not poop in the refrigerator".
I'm annoyed today and this is my rant.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy
canebrake Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2012, 05:26 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

never seen any of those threads much anywhere, but i think if anyone asks "convince me to not poop in refrigerator" thats pretty hilarious, id probably give 'em sarcastic answer

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7660 Times on 4420 Posts
Likes Given: 9875

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
So yea.....like the title says. Is this not annoying to anyone else? No stab at any individual but for real, this drives me crazy.
I'm all for helping and yucking it up with you guys but give it a rest.
I'm gonna start posting, "Convince me to take a shower" or "convince me to not poop in the refrigerator".
I'm annoyed today and this is my rant.
I'm not gonna care about a guy's bathing habits on the internet, but on the other hand I would like to know where the commode/refrigerator is located as I have to take a dump.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #4

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Convince me to not create a "convince me thread".

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 05-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #5

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Yeah, the gun vs gun and caliber vs caliber stuff gets pretty old. Especially since most of it has been asked before. People, please try using the FTF search bar before asking a vs question.

Oh, and you shouldn't poop in the fridge because it will make you foot taste s$%tty.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #6

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Yeah, the gun vs gun and caliber vs caliber stuff gets pretty old.
That will never go away. It's posted every day on every gun forum...even 'tho we know the 30.06 is superior to the .308....the .40 SW is the best choice for a defensive pistol cartridge....a Rem. Model 700 will not accidentally discharge...the Beretta 92 got a bad rap due to inferior French steel...Kimber stinks...everyone should own a Ruger .22 semi auto...and Glocks are butt ugly

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I feel the same way my good man, what is the point of posting a convince me thread? We aren't going to change a mind that's already made up. IMHO it's just to piss people off, I have seen a few "convince me I should get an AK" threads and no avail to anyone that tried to convince the op.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #8

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
That will never go away. It's posted every day on every gun forum...even 'tho we know the 30.06 is superior to the .308....the .40 SW is the best choice for a defensive pistol cartridge....a Rem. Model 700 will not accidentally discharge...the Beretta 92 got a bad rap due to inferior French steel...Kimber stinks...everyone should own a Ruger .22 semi auto...and Glocks are butt ugly
I agree with everything you said except for the thing about .40 S&W being the best SD caliber.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #9
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6643 Times on 4020 Posts
Likes Given: 7905

Okay, here's another point of view. I am still learning about guns and calibers, etc. I can see how the 'convince me' threads are annoying but I learn from them. I look at it as more than 'convince me'. It's more of a 'educate me'.

canebrake Likes This 
Old 05-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #10

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I agree with everything you said except for the thing about .40 S&W being the best SD caliber.
'convince me'

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.