Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Can we knock it off with the "Convince Me" Threads (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/can-we-knock-off-convince-me-threads-65117/)

g17frantz 05-25-2012 05:07 AM

Can we knock it off with the "Convince Me" Threads

So yea.....like the title says. Is this not annoying to anyone else? No stab at any individual but for real, this drives me crazy.
I'm all for helping and yucking it up with you guys but give it a rest.
I'm gonna start posting, "Convince me to take a shower" or "convince me to not poop in the refrigerator".
I'm annoyed today and this is my rant.

94browninghunt 05-25-2012 05:26 AM

never seen any of those threads much anywhere, but i think if anyone asks "convince me to not poop in refrigerator" thats pretty hilarious, id probably give 'em sarcastic answer

Vikingdad 05-25-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz (Post 813628)
So yea.....like the title says. Is this not annoying to anyone else? No stab at any individual but for real, this drives me crazy.
I'm all for helping and yucking it up with you guys but give it a rest.
I'm gonna start posting, "Convince me to take a shower" or "convince me to not poop in the refrigerator".
I'm annoyed today and this is my rant.

I'm not gonna care about a guy's bathing habits on the internet, but on the other hand I would like to know where the commode/refrigerator is located as I have to take a dump.

jordan89 05-25-2012 07:03 AM

Convince me to not create a "convince me thread". :p

texaswoodworker 05-25-2012 09:01 AM

Yeah, the gun vs gun and caliber vs caliber stuff gets pretty old. Especially since most of it has been asked before. People, please try using the FTF search bar before asking a vs question.

Oh, and you shouldn't poop in the fridge because it will make you foot taste s$%tty. :D

Sonic82 05-25-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 813708)
Yeah, the gun vs gun and caliber vs caliber stuff gets pretty old.

That will never go away. It's posted every day on every gun forum...even 'tho we know the 30.06 is superior to the .308....the .40 SW is the best choice for a defensive pistol cartridge....a Rem. Model 700 will not accidentally discharge...the Beretta 92 got a bad rap due to inferior French steel...Kimber stinks...everyone should own a Ruger .22 semi auto...and Glocks are butt ugly:D

KalashnikovBlood 05-25-2012 11:28 AM

I feel the same way my good man, what is the point of posting a convince me thread? We aren't going to change a mind that's already made up. IMHO it's just to piss people off, I have seen a few "convince me I should get an AK" threads and no avail to anyone that tried to convince the op.

texaswoodworker 05-25-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic82 (Post 813725)
That will never go away. It's posted every day on every gun forum...even 'tho we know the 30.06 is superior to the .308....the .40 SW is the best choice for a defensive pistol cartridge....a Rem. Model 700 will not accidentally discharge...the Beretta 92 got a bad rap due to inferior French steel...Kimber stinks...everyone should own a Ruger .22 semi auto...and Glocks are butt ugly:D

I agree with everything you said except for the thing about .40 S&W being the best SD caliber. :p

winds-of-change 05-25-2012 12:04 PM

Okay, here's another point of view. I am still learning about guns and calibers, etc. I can see how the 'convince me' threads are annoying but I learn from them. I look at it as more than 'convince me'. It's more of a 'educate me'.

Sonic82 05-25-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 813744)
I agree with everything you said except for the thing about .40 S&W being the best SD caliber. :p

'convince me' :p