Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Can someone create a forum "dictionary"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 292 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
You for missed one. LBE- load bearing equipment. Or LBEV- load bearing equipment vest. (5.11 tactical, voodoo tactical, carnivore, ext....) and a photo example.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
Big TOW

Liked 4546 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 4682

Dont Forget HMFIC (NOTDKU)!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
Dont Forget HMFIC (NOTDKU)!
I wonder what DKU is.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #14
Big TOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
I wonder what DKU is.
IDK, good question, cant imagine the acronym expounded for DKU! Wondered that myself but even if we find out, weve only determined what the antithesis of our grand Pu-bah is, after all- He's NOT-DKU!

Love the New LBV, sure is a change from the old LBE of the old Army but gotta be a roaster when worn over a Flack Vest! Glad Im too old to find out!

Old 12-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #15

Quote:

IDK, good question, cant imagine the acronym expounded for DKU! Wondered that myself but even if we find out, weve only determined what the antithesis of our grand Pu-bah is, after all- He's NOT-DKU!

Love the New LBV, sure is a change from the old LBE of the old Army but gotta be a roaster when worn over a Flack Vest! Glad Im too old to find out!
They really are not bad. They are very breathable.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #16
Big TOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
They really are not bad. They are very breathable.
We did field the first version of LBV and they were horribly hot, fell apart and generally sucked. Luckily, as a TOW Platoon Sergeant, My HMMV was My LBV (Load Bearing Vehicle), I retired 5 months after. Talk about a dictionary, The US Military runs on Acronyms! Our Training Meetings and OP orders sounded like a childrens rhyme! ABCD Goldfish, LMNO Golfish, OSAR! So many Acronyms, my RAM was full and my hard drives skipping and slow, time to call that quits!

"PS's, Remind your SL's that the PMCS's on the TOWS Must be done PDQ with the Proper TM's on a DA2404, our DL reports have been DOA with 03's at the DMMC, The CG is Going to have my 4th point of contact if you dont get the MP A#1 ASAP, any questions?"...

My Civilian career has been 100% Technical Electronics so I have a whole other Dictionary to translate. Is that HDCP complaint, only 1080P when you run it on HDMI, VGA is only 720I at best, better check the handshake! Oh, its not UTP, better check the node for the IP table for DHCP not fixed...

WTF, OMG, IDK and IDC. My Dad was an English Teacher and he couldn't imagine a day when his son would speak 3 languages that he couldn't understand, all of them spoken in English!

Old 12-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #17

Quote:

We did field the first version of LBV and they were horribly hot, fell apart and generally sucked. Luckily, as a TOW Platoon Sergeant, My HMMV was My LBV (Load Bearing Vehicle), I retired 5 months after. Talk about a dictionary, The US Military runs on Acronyms! Our Training Meetings and OP orders sounded like a childrens rhyme! ABCD Goldfish, LMNO Golfish, OSAR! So many Acronyms, my RAM was full and my hard drives skipping and slow, time to call that quits!

"PS's, Remind your SL's that the PMCS's on the TOWS Must be done PDQ with the Proper TM's on a DA2404, our DL reports have been DOA with 03's at the DMMC, The CG is Going to have my 4th point of contact if you dont get the MP A#1 ASAP, any questions?"...

My Civilian career has been 100% Technical Electronics so I have a whole other Dictionary to translate. Is that HDCP complaint, only 1080P when you run it on HDMI, VGA is only 720I at best, better check the handshake! Oh, its not UTP, better check the node for the IP table for DHCP not fixed...

WTF, OMG, IDK and IDC. My Dad was an English Teacher and he couldn't imagine a day when his son would speak 3 languages that he couldn't understand, all of them spoken in English!
What?.......... Lol

Old 12-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #18
Big TOW

Then there is the liberal dictionary that Im supposed to use and understand where I work. Almost no acronyms except their long list of titles, chairs and degrees. Actually, they speak long and listen short! After 18 years, I still dont speak Liberaleaze very well and they dont understand simple common English! If you say something like, "It cant be done", they go directly into a spiral. Fun to watch but the joy is shortlived, educated ass-chewings are usually soon to follow!

Now on the other hand, they can say something to me like, "Your Militaristic" and Im not supposed to ask them WTF they mean! I guess its all according to what the definition of "is", is,,,