can my employer really do this? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

can my employer really do this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3495 Times on 1613 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

One thing I would suggest is just to do it quietly and under the radar at the moment, you don't want to give the bastards any reason, in their minds, to send you packing in this economy....

But I agree, this is definitely an abuse of the system and should be exposed...

Good luck, but be prepared in case word gets out...

JD

Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I've decided to contact my local representative as well as a local, conservative (but independant) talk show as I'm very familiar with them. They are all about individual rights and should be able to help me direct my efforts.
I can't let this one go. I didn't volunteer for the USMC for people to abuse the system like this. I may no longer be an active Marine but I can still defend the constitution and I fully intend to do so.
Good for you! Generally all health care related businesses have Liberal leanings, and my ex-USMC status actually hindered my career growth with the Ct. Hospital I worked for. Are your political views in the minority? If so, for the sake of your job you might want to remain silent at work. I left a good paying MIS job with a large Hospital because I was having anxiety attacks each morning before work, due to the daily pro-Clinton BS I refused to swallow. My principles came before the job so I left. Looking back, it didn't make any difference to them whether I left or not - but it sure gave me peace of mind. Jobs are not that easy to replace these days, so it might be a good idea to deal with it as best you can until you find another job. Then you can tell them where to stick it!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 06-17-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 88 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thanks. I will definately do this under the radar and while I'm not seeking any type of lawsuit, if I lost my job over this I think I would persue one. I've already got another job lined up I just get a few more things in line before I make the switch but if forced I could quickly start working. it would get pretty tight but we could make it.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Good luck to you brother.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #15

quote "I may no longer be an active Marine but I can still defend the constitution and I fully intend to do so."

I have never seen a former Marine. Even the old 1 legged WWII vet who was a friend of mine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. To paraphrase Davy Crockett, "decide what is right, and do it."

Sounds like you are doing right.

Michael
I have killed mothers with their babies. I have killed great philosophers, and proud young warriors. I have killed the evil! And the good! The intelligent. the weak and the beautiful. But it's been a while since I slayed a room full of petty bureaucrats.