Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 03:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

This game is friggin addicting. Although those i play online against bask in the glory of kicking my tits in!! I played it on the PS3 for about 3 hours stright, its like crack man.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

uhhhhh... I am pretty sure this is making fun of the game.
*had to post something on a thread with nothing...

Personally, I hate it how everyone loves CoD.
I mean, it is fun to play through the story line (I think I have beaten the first 3 or 4 missions), but people are looking at war as some kind of game.
I hear people screaming and going "he shot me in the head he shot me in the head!". I just think to myself "killing is something serious, why take pleasure in watching a human that looks real get killed?"

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 04-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 433 Times on 233 Posts

Old 04-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Some COD4 humor

Old 04-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviorslegacy View Post
uhhhhh... I am pretty sure this is making fun of the game.
*had to post something on a thread with nothing...

Personally, I hate it how everyone loves CoD.
I mean, it is fun to play through the story line (I think I have beaten the first 3 or 4 missions), but people are looking at war as some kind of game.
I hear people screaming and going "he shot me in the head he shot me in the head!". I just think to myself "killing is something serious, why take pleasure in watching a human that looks real get killed?"
its ok to poke fun and make a point, i dont mind. I served my time in service and enjoy the game. Thats the long and short of it, just a game that kids can kick my ass at. Hell these kids will be fighting wars like this someday, we already have unmanned drones that my 11 year old could fly.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:45 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hahaha that was awesome.

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I actually love the game and can't get enough of it. I play on the 360.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the story mode of the Call of Duty games. I've played all of them so far. I like the online mode as long as I have a good connection. I admit its like crack for a college student but it gets frustrating if you get your a$$ kicked too much because either people dont have a life or your connection sucks.

I do agree with saviorslegacy but you have to remember that there are boundries that you have to observe. I would hope the most kids that play the game realize its nothing more than a realy advanced game of cops-and-robbers.
Its always a big controversy when some poor soul forgets those boundries and does something stupid in real life because of a video game's influence. But from what I can tell it's a very small percentage (possibly less than 1% of the population in the country) of people who actually have that problem.

If these kids were to actually get out there on the battle field I'm sure all of their attitudes would change very quickly, if it hadnt already been changed in boot-camp.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

1 percent can still get little boys popa killed, a father daughter, a grandpas son, a brother, a sister or a friend.

Now what annoys me is everyone talks about warfare a whole lot and they don't know what they're talking about. I spend a lot of time reading on warfare/the history of warfare/talking to vets. People actually think that modern wars are fought be running around like what is portayed in the game. It is almost like cake, they are believing a lie.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 04-19-2010, 06:54 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There's always going to be that 1% no matter what we do. If it isnt a video game they'll be influenced by it'll be something else. Stopping them before they do something stupid is hard to accomplishh sometimes but its why we have Conceal and Carry Laws and the ability to make a citizen's arrest.

Ignorance is also a plague we have to live with. I share your hate of when people think war is like the game. I know several vets and are very close to them and one thing every military person I know says is "War is not fun and it is not a game. No one should ever think that way."
Regardless of the hate for that fact of people being ignorant of how war really is. I dont let it keep me from having fun by playing the game, because I keep the wisdom that war is not a game in the back of my mind and remember that the game of CoD is just that...a game.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.