Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Call the bug doctor...Shihan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Default Call the bug doctor...Shihan.

RE: Brown Marmorated Stink Bug

Ok Shihan....

How do I kill these things...or at least keep them out of my damn car. Short of sealing my car airtight every time I park it, how can I keep these things out.

Thanks

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-24-2010, 12:58 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Get the yard/area treated with a Micro-encapsulated formulation of Border(lambda-cyhalothrin) with a Synergist such as Exponent(Pipernol Butoxide). That should give some quick knock down with a decent residual, right about now is the best time to do this.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:00 AM   #3

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Get the yard/area treated with a Micro-encapsulated formulation of Border(lambda-cyhalothrin) with a Synergist such as Exponent(Pipernol Butoxide). That should give some quick knock down with a decent residual, right about now is the best time to do this.
Thanks...is that stuff pet friendly?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-24-2010, 01:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Thanks...is that stuff pet friendly?
Sure, keep them inside, hire a professional, not Orkin or Terminix. Use a local company.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:42 AM   #5

Liked 201 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 162

OK, cool. I often see these tiny, tiny, tiny little red specs (about half the size of a grain of table salt) crawling around the outside of the house, usually near windows and doors. The look like some kind of sub-miniature spider. All I know is they leave a red stain about three times their normal size when you squish em.

What the heck are they, and how to get rid of them?

Old 09-24-2010, 02:09 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was always told that the little red things were mites......

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 09-24-2010, 02:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
OK, cool. I often see these tiny, tiny, tiny little red specs (about half the size of a grain of table salt) crawling around the outside of the house, usually near windows and doors. The look like some kind of sub-miniature spider. All I know is they leave a red stain about three times their normal size when you squish em.

What the heck are they, and how to get rid of them?
Clovermites, treat them with Talstar(Bifenthrin). Keep grass and weeds from around the foundation of the house.

Last edited by Shihan; 09-24-2010 at 02:21 AM.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:51 AM   #8

Liked 201 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Wow. You ARE the man Shi.... I didn't have a clue on how to ID those little suckers. I do have a lot of clover in my yard too....

DOH!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:25 AM   #9

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Ok, every Spring and Fall, we get overrun with "ladybugs". From what I've learned they are actually Chinese Pumpkin Beetles. They were imported to deal with aphids, but they have taken over. Sure, the roses look great and we don't have an aphid problem. However, these things can cover a whole building if the sun is right.

I've noticed that certain glass cleaners will kill them (ammonia free cleaners, too) and if sprayed around the window and doors, they don't enter for a day or two. They still manage to get in. There are no natural predators and they stink. Bay leaves keep them at bay for a few days, but not all of the time.

What do I do? Please help.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #10

I have the best results using a wettable powder, like Demon WP(Cypermethrin) or Tempo WP(Cyfluthrin) treating in the early fall(Which would be now). You should treat around potential entry points, such as windows, doors, along eaves.
There are other non chemical methods that could be used like misting the area with Menthol/Camphor oil as a repellent. You could possibly try traps.