Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > California Officer in Hot Water Over Comment About Citizens Carrying Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #21
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5635 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 4718

That "man" is a fool & doesn't deserve the tax dollars that have been wasted on his salary. If his superiors feel he is salvageable, they should start by strapping an unloaded pink Sig Mosquito on him with matching Barbie maglight & send him out to work parking enforcement in the neighborhood he was discussing. Personally, i doubt he is worth keeping in any capacity, since it is obvious that the public good is FAR down his list of priorities. When douchebags like this are publicly kicked to the curb upon surfacing, LEO's will regain some of the public's respect which has been eroded in many areas.

As far as web privacy, i try not to use my full name or complete location when interacting online. Luckily, i never really understood Facebook, and my interweb social interactivity is limited to a few forums.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 02-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

As far as web privacy, i try not to use my full name or complete location when interacting online. Luckily, i never really understood Facebook, and my interweb social interactivity is limited to a few forums.
Could you speak a little closer to the monitor please Mr. gello, it will make it easier for the silent, specter vans folks to help identify you with their infrared mics for monitoring purposes.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

^^^ LOL! There was a time when i was a hard person to locate when at home; maybe a half dozen of my close friends knew where i lived, i wasn't in a lease, my name wasn't on any of the utilities at that address, the agency i worked for sent all my mail to my office as did the school i taught night classes at, my family only knew that i lived in "midtown", my car was tagged at a previous address matching my DL, I never accessed the interweb from home, etc. I have since relaxed.

GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 02-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #24

I think that cop should be fired.
There is nothing that is on the internet that is private.
On my facebook profile I posted that I shoot on US Government sponsored shoots and buy US Government rifles and ammo form an agent of the Government.
Otherwise this is all I have posted on my facebook page. It was our first president that made the statement.
Every wonder why mass shooting only happen in gun free zones? George Washington had something on this subject many years ago. “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.”

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 02-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #25

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Yes the cop was stupid.
But he did say one thing very true. If you carry an unloaded gun in plain sight it will get “jacked”. Then there is another gun in the hands of a criminal.
I understand why the cops would want to try to stop this kind of stupidity.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

While it is not a good move (IMO) to open carry, it is the best way for those decent Californians to make their point known and get some publicity to support our greater cause.

The officer....yes he has the First Amendment right (laughable that the department cited his 1st Amendment Right when his opinion was against the Second, but the 2A is the ugly sister that no one wants to acknowledge) to say what he did. As a private citizen. But he isnt a private citizen. He is in a profession. I am a professional. I understand that what I say and do directly reflects on my organization. My organization represents our Country. As an officer I can be relieved for statements contrary to our core beliefs, on or off duty. Rightfully so. Support and Defend, Foreign and domestic enemies. A dude that wants to "prone someone out" just because of his ego is a domestic enemy of the Constitution. IMO, fire him and send the message that our sworn officers are held to a standard. Power with no accountability is a bad thing gents. Hold him accountable.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
Oh, that's an ouch sandwich for you folks in Oz. That has to suck.....
Hey we don't even have any 1st Amendment-type law in our Consitution. That's right, no (legally codified) right to free speech! So the concept of having any kind of 2nd Amendment capacity...well that's just too silly for words

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
A good friend of mine several years ago was arrested in his driveway. He was carrying rifles from his house to his car parked in the driveway.
1) The rifles were all legal.
2) The rifles were all inside cases.
3) The rifles were all unloaded.

The reason LAPD arrested him? They said that a neighbor called them and felt that guns in cases were threatening to have around. So my friend was arrested for "Brandishing a weapon in a threatening manner".

We all took up a donation for his legal expenses and he beat it in court. But it took almost a year, his guns sat in the pokie for that time, and the monetary expense was several thousand dollar$.

Now that seems insane, particularly for the US...maybe it was a punitive revenue-raising excercise? However, I can competely imagine that happening here too One good thing is many of my neighbours are pretty 'suspect' from a prior-criminal-history pov. So I'm guessing few of them would really be wanting to call the cops of their own volition lol

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 02-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
One good thing is many of my neighbours are pretty 'suspect' from a prior-criminal-history pov. So I'm guessing few of them would really be wanting to call the cops of their own volition lol
That was one of the things i loved about living in Memphis; there was no shortage of comfy neighborhoods filled with people who would come over & yell at you personally rather than call people who might start by asking them about warrants.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #29

Liked 1338 Times on 885 Posts
Likes Given: 652

If "gun owner" had been replaced with "woman" or "minority", the turd would already be jobless!

Old 02-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
If "gun owner" had been replaced with "woman" or "minority", the turd would already be jobless!
...and we have a Winner!!!
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams