You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

California Officer in Hot Water Over Comment About Citizens Carrying Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 06:38 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

LOL...yeah I'm sorry, but I hate it when LE does crap like this. It is always a bay area cop that does this crap. It pieves me because when I talked to people who have these wild a$$ opinions about cops and what they do it usually stems from some stupid incident like this.

My own father in law has all these opinions about cops and public employees and most if it is because idiot cops who made the news.

Sorry I shouldn't get so worked up.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigGambler View Post
"The targeting, harassment and intimidation of law-abiding citizens who are peacefully agitating for their rights by a police officer is an abomination to the Constitution, and is in fact the exact reason our Founding Fathers created the Second Amendment," Taylor said. "Police officers who think they are going to get between law-abiding Americans and their Second Amendment rights are going to find themselves in the line of fire."

He should move to this country & feel right at home lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 02-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #13

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
He should move to this country & feel right at home lol
Oh, that's an ouch sandwich for you folks in Oz. That has to suck.....

Old 02-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #14

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

There is nothing private on the Interwebz people that a court can't get a supena for to access. Face book, My Space, twitter, cell phones, computers, laptops, youtube, forums and even your bank accounts and credit card transactions. Nothing is secure on the Interwebz, it is a public domain, and unless it is encrypted and protected, you may be somewhat protected. A court order can still be acquired for those, and hackers can gain access to all your private information, as well. But wait.....there's more!

Keep posting them private pictures and youtube videos. All of them online social forums are public domain and are monitored. Surprise!!

Just a "FYI" this is a information post taken from my QP forum:

"Thinking of joining Special Forces?

Want to earn the honor of wearing that Green Beret or maybe becoming a Navy Seal?

Then do yourself a favor, remove your MySpace.com and Facebook.com web pages.

Don’t want to or don’t care?

Fine.

But do not expect to ever be selected for any covert or clandestine missions, period. (It ain’t going to happen when millions already know your face and name.)

Oh, and those classified counter-terrorist units people whisper about. Forget it, not a snowball's chance in hell of you joining after posting your face and name all over the internet.

You had a web page and now removed it, you might still be able to join…but forget the classified missions or covert unit assignments. Again, it ain’t going to happen.

You do understand how Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc use the "archive mode" to save all your information, right?

We do…and our enemies do, too!

Just type in Professionalsoldiers.com right after the http:// on this web page:

Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

Your MySpace.com and Facebook.com web pages will be on the internet for decades to come and you’ll continue to wonder, "Why didn’t I get selected for some of those classified missions?"

You can bet that every time one of you place your face on a web page and you state you just signed up to be an 18X, or Seal training, some hostile foreign intelligence service just made a file on you.

HOIS = hostile foreign intelligence service
http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jel/new_pubs/jp1_02.pdf (Do a google search on "hostile foreign intelligence service")

You don’t have to believe me; you’ll know when you’re not selected to go on certain missions or refused to join some units.

OK, you’ve been warned and remember.........

"Life is tough but it’s tougher when you’re stupid."

This has been a Team Sergeant 18X public service announcement."

The sad and real fact is people, you do not even have to be planning a career in an SOF branch area at all. Anything and everything anyone posts, on the public Interwebz, every bit of that information, including personal opinions, is search obtainable, collected and stored and can be accessed for what ever reason and cause by the government, or any other powerful entity, that sees fit to obtain it and use it.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by IGETEVEN; 02-15-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer

Old 02-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #15

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

A comment about civilians exercising their rights to carry openly in "East Palialto"!!

No one in their right mind would openly carry an unloaded weapon in East Palialto!!

And maybe one of you California members could verify for me, isn't a loaded magazine considered a loaded weapon in Kali? So you wouldn't even have ready access to ammunition anyway. It's a dangerous game made even more dangerous by the inane laws in California.

Last edited by dunerunner; 02-15-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #16

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
A comment about civilians exercising their rights ti carry openly in "East Palialto"!!

No one in their right mind would openly carry an unloaded weapon in East Palialto!!

And maybe one of you California members could verify for me, isn't a loaded magazine considered a loaded weapon in Kali? So you wouldn't even have ready access to ammunition anyway. It's a dangerous game made even more dangerous by the inane laws in California.
I have not checked in many years, but it used to be that a loaded magazine AND the gun it went to constituted a "loaded gun".

Handguns must be transported in a locked container (there is no definition of what type of container or lock), separated from the ammunition. And with so many of the old school, common sense, LEO's retiring gun owners cannot be too careful in CA.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #17
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 4118 Times on 2103 Posts
Likes Given: 523

The Detective opened his big yap in a public forum that he was too unsophisticated to realize was a PUBLIC FORUM. He might talk that was to his fellow officers but not at a public meeting. He is just stupid.
We cannot fix his opinion. He has the WRONG opinions about guns. He is entitled to his WRONG opinions.

WTS...he is still a douche.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #18

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You just can’t fix stupid.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #19

Liked 25 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
I have not checked in many years, but it used to be that a loaded magazine AND the gun it went to constituted a "loaded gun".

Handguns must be transported in a locked container (there is no definition of what type of container or lock), separated from the ammunition. And with so many of the old school, common sense, LEO's retiring gun owners cannot be too careful in CA.
yep, what he said is right. PC 12025 says a concealable firearms shall not be concealed in public. PC 12031 says any firearm shall not be loaded in public. The term loaded mean when the ammo is readily accessible or within a reasonable distance of the firearm. i.e. gun in a holster, mag in your pocket. Therefore, a CA can carry a firearm in public, but it cannot be loaded or concealed (If it is concealable). If you do it, let alone in EPA your an idiot. EPA, Oakland, Hayward are pretty much Compton with different names.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Last edited by DarinCraft; 02-15-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #20

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
yep, what he said is right. PC 12025 says a concealable firearms shall not be concealed in public. PC 12031 says any firearm shall not be loaded in public. The term loaded mean when the ammo is readily accessible or within a reasonable distance of the firearm. i.e. gun in a holster, mag in your pocket. Therefore, a CA can carry a firearm in public, but it cannot be loaded or concealed (If it is concealable). If you do it, let alone in EPA your an idiot. EPA, Oakland, Hayward are pretty much Compton with different names.
A good friend of mine several years ago was arrested in his driveway. He was carrying rifles from his house to his car parked in the driveway.
1) The rifles were all legal.
2) The rifles were all inside cases.
3) The rifles were all unloaded.

The reason LAPD arrested him? They said that a neighbor called them and felt that guns in cases were threatening to have around. So my friend was arrested for "Brandishing a weapon in a threatening manner".

We all took up a donation for his legal expenses and he beat it in court. But it took almost a year, his guns sat in the pokie for that time, and the monetary expense was several thousand dollar$.