Is Buying Online "Worth" It? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Is Buying Online "Worth" It?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 389 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Buds and Gun Broker were two fine examples of online purchases. I didn't want to go into specific guns because then everybody would have said "Well I found it for this price.." or "I get it cheaper here blah blah blah" I wanted to set the idea of relative saving per increasing amount. Plus, not everybody is going to have the same place to compare to around the country, except for wallyworld, so it's hard to give an accurate representation for all people. Some people get access to good in-store pricing where they live, while others are literally getting screwed by their LGS. I know the prices weren't exact, by any means, but they served the point I was trying to make. And your numbers served the purpose you were trying to make. And together, we have supplied this thread with a wealth of knowledge on potential and actual savings from buying online vs. in store that is representative of two different areas.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 04-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think I saved like $35 or so buying from Buds than buying In-store, on a Raging Bull. IIRC, it would have been like $595 OTD from the store, but it was like $560 from Buds. Still, they got the transfer fee, and I bought reloading components when I picked it up, so *shrug*.

But, as an America, I fully support capitalism. I buy from whoever gives me the most of what I want for my money, and that does include CS. If LGS employees are really nice, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra to support them. Now, one LGS marks up ridiculously (like, probably 15% higher than even other LGS, let alone online prices), AND they usually act like you are wasting their time just being there. The only reason I ever go there anymore is because they are open on Sundays.