Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Buying Guns Online (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/buying-guns-online-57357/)

Trez 02-09-2012 03:00 PM

Buying Guns Online

Did anybody see this story? It makes me mad as hell! :mad: Ive gotten all my best deals from private sellers... I dont think a store would of traded me, my Medusa for a shotgun, nor a SKS for a Springfield 1903... Who the hell are you people to tell me what I can or cannot buy/sell or how to... You guys are ruining my hussle!! All this has the same reasoning, like not being able to sell your car 'cuz the buyer might get drunk and take out some school children walking though a crosswalk...

Why do they never seem to find the "good" (lack of better term) gun owners. When they ask about selling a "assault rifle", why does nobody stand up say its just a semi-auto rifle, NOT a assault rifle..
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46316454#.TzPnmflABzU

silverado113 02-09-2012 03:15 PM

I wonder if they are going to do a story on how many knives, swords, billy clubs, and any other weapons that get sold through Craigslist....lol yeah right. Well it seems they have the other side of the story in the comments they are getting, but let's hope those anti gun elected officials don't see this "story" and try to do something stupid!

ScottA 02-09-2012 03:32 PM

More media fear-mongering.

Jon12312 02-09-2012 04:29 PM

I just dont understand how they think... If a criminal is going to kill someone, they will kill them regardless. YES Guns kill people, but so does fire, drugs, car accidents, baseball bats, water, electricity... And my list could go on for days. The point is you can ban it but its not going to solve the problem.

SSGSF 02-09-2012 05:20 PM

I want to know what website they used to buy those guns ? Cause the ones like gun broker you need an FFL on the guns that I have looked at .I am not sure about all the guns on there. But I call BS on that whole interview all they could say was that guns are bad and why would you need to own one unless you are a drug dealer or a mass murderer. I hate the liberal media!

Yunus 02-09-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGSF (Post 703820)
I want to know what website they used to buy those guns ? Cause the ones like gun broker you need an FFL on the guns that I have looked at .I am not sure about all the guns on there. But I call BS on that whole interview all they could say was that guns are bad and why would you need to own one unless you are a drug dealer or a mass murderer. I hate the liberal media!

Craigslist and others like that. They are not buying these guns and having them sent to their home they are setting up a meeting. Much like how I sold a few couches and bought my kitchen table.

Scary thought, you can buy and sell cars in the same manner and they are far more deadly than guns.

ZombieKiller83 02-09-2012 05:36 PM

My question is, how many responsible gun owners/sellers rejected their sale before they found all those yahoo's??? Bet there was alot but they will never tell because the whole point is to inject fear and give the anti-gun crowd more fuel for the fire :rolleyes: Number one reason that if i sell a gun, i sell it to someone i know (which is a risk within itself but at least i know they are not a criminal before i sold them a gun) or i'll take the hit and sell it to a gun shop. The last thing i want is that knock on the door from a LEO and having to explain that i sold the gun that killed one or more people.

c3shooter 02-09-2012 06:33 PM

Craigslist does not permit posting guns. Put one on there, they will pull it within a few minutes.

orangello 02-09-2012 07:37 PM

I found it amusing when they described the Yugo SKS as
Quote:

a tactical assault rifle modified to use bullets for an AK-47
. It had about the same tapco stuff on it as my Norinco. Perhaps the morons don't know the difference between a magazine and a bullet and presumed the tapco removable mags (looked like) to be from an AK-47.

c3shooter 02-09-2012 09:27 PM

'Gello, they had to find SOME way to get AK47 into their story.....:rolleyes: