Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Buying Ex-Soviet Armor and Aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Buying Ex-Soviet Armor and Aircraft

So Apparently, you can buy like ex-soviet union Fighter Jets (Obviously they don't have any armament anymore) I was watching Pawn Stars on History Channel, and this dude was trying to sell his Soviet Fighter Jet for 200,000$ and it was a straight up, fighter jet, had the mounts for the missles and bombs still, and you could see inside the cockpit it still had the buttons for launching missles/bombs and firing auto-cannons and what not. And they were talking on the show about how if you have the money you can buy old Soviet Tanks and Aircraft, Helicopters, Weapons, etc etc, pretty much anything, and as long as the Tanks, APC's, Jets, Helicopters, etc etc, are not equipped with weapons or guidance systems, etc etc, they are completely legal to own and operate. And they aren't as expensive as you would think. I found a MiG 21 for sale, for 450,000$ US Dollars. Which yea, that's hella money for someone like me, but that's not that much for a Jet, considering like Modern Jets like F/A 18 Super Hornets are like multi-billion $$ jets ya kno. I really wish I had the money to buy like a MiG or like a Hind D Helicopter or something. They completely flooded the markets with Arms and Armor. It's no wonder AK-47's are everywhere now a days lol in places like Somalia, you can buy an AK-47 for 15$ US Dollars. Which kinda pisses me off, cause I had to pay 400$ for my AK-47 and I am not using it to kill people and commit acts of terrorism and what not, but these people who do use it for that, can buy it for hella cheap. It should be the other way around IMO. Anyways, Just thought that was crazy that you can buy all this Military Hardware legally and it's legit. So I figured I would share. Tho I am sure a lot of you already knew this, but I am sure there are quite of few of you, who like myself, didn't kno/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #2

Go through the drive thru at Burger King with a T-72. "Mess up my order this time, bee-otch!!"

"I'd rather die on my feet than to live on my knees." E. Zapata

Old 12-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Check out what this place is selling. Armor Page 1

They had a 55 ton British Chieftain Tank for $65,000. I wouldn't mind one of them. If they hadn't demilled the gun, it would have made a great range toy.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19544 Times on 11093 Posts
Likes Given: 49193

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Check out what this place is selling. Armor Page 1

They had a 55 ton British Chieftain Tank for $65,000. I wouldn't mind one of them. If they hadn't demilled the gun, it would have made a great range toy.
aaron, you could always rebore the barrel and rechamber it! yeaah!

Old 12-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #5

thats so crazy. You would think that stuff would cost a lot more then what it's being sold for. Right now I couldn't afford any of those APC's or Tanks, but it's definitely something I could realistically afford sometime in the future. It's just crazy thinking that, cause most people wouldn't even dream that they could own stuff like that. I would love to buy an old Soviet BMP or something like that, it would be hella fun for off-roading and ****. My brother has a Pilots license, he just finished flight school in the Army, and Flies the UH-60 Blackhawk, and so I kno he would love to buy a Hind D or something like that, and apparently that's feasible.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
aaron, you could always rebore the barrel and rechamber it! yeaah!
But that would make nanny Obama upset.

If I ever have the money, I would like to at least think about buying one of these. (only with a working gun) (I wonder where I can get ammo for it ) 60K is not bad for a tank. I think I saw a armored personel carrier for 40k too. I would rather have one of those then a over priced car.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #7

Check out a new book called "Outlaws Inc". About the sale of Soviet military equipment, and how their transport jets are still used all over the world to support some really nasty regimes.

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual..."

--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Old 12-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

a buddy of mine that gave me his old mosin just got his hands on a cz trainer jet. its a fighter jet except without the missile racks. pre 1960's pretty cool aircraft