The buying craze where you are. - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The buying craze where you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #51
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1180 Times on 679 Posts
Likes Given: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver35 View Post
Everyone calm down, I just read that the President is putting VP Biden in charge of the inter-agency policy changes. We have nothing to worry about with anvil Joe running it.

He's likely to not even know what the subject is and will therefore do nothing.
He wrote the original AWB in 94,Bite'me Biden knows exactly what to do with that policy.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #52
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5520 Times on 2883 Posts
Likes Given: 358

im hoping the craze drops the price on lever guns

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1136 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 660

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
How is the threat to ban AR/AKs, and the approaching end of the world () effecting you locally?
Here, it's like nothing has happened. I went to Wally World earlier, and they had a few ARs behind the counter and they didn't really have any .223 left (pretty normal since they never keep much on hand), but they had plenty of Winchester 5.56. We also have a local classifieds thing on Facebook just for guns. Some of the prices an ARs and Mini 14s were high, but not really bad.
So how is all of this effecting you?
i didnt look at all the post's but heres my area.
checked 5 LGS. 4 of them had empty shelves where AR's used to be. one was overpriced. one of the other stores got a shipment in today. and my friend bought one.
as far as ammo. my lgs had it for about the avg price. everyplace i looked online was out of all or almost all. what was left was wierd or random loadings like win. 45gr frangible..
so for my area it seems to be hitting hard, very hard!

also while my friend was in the store, there was another customer who had been waiting almost an 1.5 hrs for his background check to clear.. seems to me the feds were very busy with phone calls recently. lol
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Last edited by jjfuller1; 12-20-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #54

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

Went to one of my LGS earlier today, one of the employees told me they have sold close to 300 ARs since Friday. And had no magazines of any kind left.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:56 AM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I use Lee dies (7.62 Nagant) for mine. Take 32-20 brass (I like starline, because the rims aren't too thick. If the rims are too thick, they will not work right) and run them through the dies. You may have to trim them some if they are too long after being reformed. The casings use small pistol primers.
You can find videos and articles on reloading for 7.62 Nagant all over the net. The gun will not have the gas seal if you reload, but it only causes a small drop in velocity.
I generally use lead bullets, which are fine, but can eventually cause the gun to jam up. Just take the cylinder out ever 50-100 rounds or so, and give the parts a wipe down. Mine has yet to jam.

Here's an article I wrote awhile back over them. It has a lot of good info in it.

m1895nagantrevolver
Thank you Texas. I liked your article very much. Very informative. It will be hard for me to wait for the OOps man to knock on my door now

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

People Like This 
Old 12-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #56
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt View Post
Thank you Texas. I liked your article very much. Very informative. It will be hard for me to wait for the OOps man to knock on my door now
No problem.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This blows. Buying a gun and have to put it on lay-a-way because the FBI shut down their system due to overload......hopefully it's back up and running before we leave.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #58

Liked 428 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 34

This is the notice to dealers on Davidson's website:

**** IMPORTANT NOTICE ****
Due to unprecedented demand, orders may no longer be future dated for shipment and you must call for shipment ASAP. Currently it may take us up to 4 days to ship your order. Please be advised that if you are a CHAX customer you need to arrange payment ASAP to ensure the most prompt handling of your order. If you are a COD customer you need to have the COD ready ASAP. The 4 day window is an estimate due to current ordering conditions. Your order may ship earlier or later due to individual circumstances.

I've noticed now that more and more guns on Davidson's website that were previously available to small-timers like me are now being marked "Allocated", which means they're being held for the big business shops. I wasn't old enough to care during the time before the '94 ban, but I can't imagine it was anything like this. I don't want to fan the flames of panic, but I'm honestly blown away at the speed in which this has picked up. And unless you're active in the firearm community, you'd be clueless that this is happening.

Last edited by Olympus; 12-20-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #59

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
This blows. Buying a gun and have to put it on lay-a-way because the FBI shut down their system due to overload......hopefully it's back up and running before we leave.
Holy cow! Has this ever happened before? I wonder how many guns overall have been sold in the last week.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #60
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 8204 Times on 4737 Posts
Likes Given: 10561

I have not been into a gun store this week. I'm not going to fan the flames of panic and drive prices higher.

And yes, it was this bad in '94. Prices went through the roof, quality went down the tubes for some manufacturers, and guns flew off the racks. It all leveled out over time though.