Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The buying craze where you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

No panic buying here...I loaded up several dozen 50 cal ammo cans long before the election. The johnny come latelies can fight over the scraps.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

m72law Likes This 
Old 12-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #112

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19

While I agree that $65 is VERY excessive, it's not a rip-off if people are willing to pay it.

Just sayin
Agreed...if you wait until your house is on fire to buy insurance its gonna be pricey, no one is twisting anyones arms to pay that much. Besides $65 will be a bargain the day before any ban goes into effect...seen the price of a class III firearm lately.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #113
Supporting Member

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl
This blows. Buying a gun and have to put it on lay-a-way because the FBI shut down their system due to overload......hopefully it's back up and running before we leave.
What kind of ****ty system do they use? WTF! Typical lazy ass government f0cks...

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

Old 12-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #114

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsights View Post
And that's reason to celebrate? You are part of the problem. Taking away the supply and taking advantage of folks is nothing to be proud of.
I haven't purchased an AR mag in 5 years.

So I am not sure how I am taking away from the supply. What I am doing is padding my vacation account with a little extra cash. People who panic buy are stupid. That is not my problem. If you are willing to pay $65 for a $10 mag who am I to argue. This is a capitalistic economy is it not?

People want AR mags so I am selling of some of the stock I have. I still have plenty for me and mine and I sold off a few.

I don't see anyone screaming about all the gun distributors tripling prices on guns in the last few days.

I looked at a gun two weeks ago the price was $425 checked it today at the same place and it was $550.

Don't get mad at me because I am choosing to cash in on a good time to sell.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #115

Liked 234 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post

So I am not sure how I am taking away from the supply. What I am doing is padding my vacation account with a little extra cash. People who panic buy are stupid. That is not my problem. If you are willing to pay $65 for a $10 mag who am I to argue. This is a capitalistic economy is it not?

People want AR mags so I am selling of some of the stock I have. I still have plenty for me and mine and I sold off a few.

I don't see anyone screaming about all the gun distributors tripling prices on guns in the last few days.

I looked at a gun two weeks ago the price was $425 checked it today at the same place and it was $550.

I couldn't blame you a bit. That is the essence of the free market state. If mag prices come back to a sane level, I'll buy a few dozen and put them in stock.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #116

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I was selling primers to those same idiots at triple the price. I keep no less than 50k primers on hand. So I sold a few thousand of them made a nice hefty profit and stocked up with prices came back down a little.

I always start my auctions at a fair price. They are the ones that drive the price up.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #117

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post

During every natural disaster people do the same thing with lumber, generators and every other items that is empty on the shelves. Not all distributers are doing this as you describe. It lets you know of their character though. I know of several that are not doing this because they as a business know they prosper because of the relationships they build, not on a one-time transaction's profit.
It is a great time to sell, there is no problem with that. If it is an auction, then the buyers drive the price. I am not sure if that is the situation you had sold it.
People always throw a fit when gas prices jump and they still have gas in the tank from what they paid for it before the gas prices jumped.
Some distributors will have to raise prices as they find other sources to stock their shelves that are more expensive then their previous source. Capitalism is great but when it borders on a monopoly or cartel it goes to far.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #118

Liked 680 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 1018

I went to the Bill Goodman Gun and Knife Show at Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio over the weekend. It opens at 9 AM, I got there at 11:30 and had to wait in line for twenty minutes to get through the door. Sometimes there are one or two local police on site, Saturday there were six police cruisers parked out front. Other than AR's and 223 ammo everything else was in good supply. In fact the I picked up pistol primers and powder and it was actually cheaper than the last time I purchased. It was a madhouse inside though, seemed like there were more lookers than buyers.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #119

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
I went to the Bill Goodman Gun and Knife Show at Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio over the weekend. It opens at 9 AM, I got there at 11:30 and had to wait in line for twenty minutes to get through the door. Sometimes there are one or two local police on site, Saturday there were six police cruisers parked out front. Other than AR's and 223 ammo everything else was in good supply. In fact the I picked up pistol primers and powder and it was actually cheaper than the last time I purchased. It was a madhouse inside though, seemed like there were more lookers than buyers.
I had almost went but I decided it was going to be too much of a mad house to deal with. I had seen there was a small group of protestors out front with the same rhetoric.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #120

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The magazine Ban will create a new "Black Market" for illegals. Mexico and South America is awash in large cap mags. The armies down there sell anything they can get. Why not the American Government supplies this to them for free anyway.
These large Cap Mags. bought for pennies down there will bring in a $100 dollars U.S. There will be no way to trace these and they will turn up every where. The USBP is already intercepting millions of rounds of 7.62X39 coming into the U.S. Make a market some one will supply it.