Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   To buy, or to wait? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/buy-wait-80035/)

Flatman6 01-01-2013 11:11 PM

To buy, or to wait?

I inherited 15k from my grandmother, which i received this holiday. I've decided to allocate some of this money to my favorite pastime. My question is, do I want to buy anything right now, during this frenzy? Also wondering what I should get. I have an AR-15 and a nine millimeter S&W. I also have a 12g shotgun. Any suggestions?

blucoondawg 01-01-2013 11:13 PM

I wouldn't buy anything right now for the prices I've seen, if you find places where there's still good deals then go for it, or possibly buy something that isn't effected as badly like a non military caliber hunting rifle or revolvers.

Jpyle 01-01-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatman6 (Post 1075361)
I inherited 15k from my grandmother, which i received this holiday. I've decided to allocate some of this money to my favorite pastime. My question is, do I want to buy anything right now, during this frenzy? Also wondering what I should get. I have an AR-15 and a nine millimeter S&W. I also have a 12g shotgun. Any suggestions?

My advice for what it's worth...top off your ammo stores if you can get it for a decent price and focus on other SHTF type necessities. Emergency food, medical and water supplies, etc. Gun prices are just stupid right now although there may be deals available on non-tactical type pistols and revolvers.

vincent 01-01-2013 11:18 PM

Do your research...fair deals, while not as common as they were just a few short months ago, are still out there.

Almost no matter how you slice it, a firearm is a worthy investment. While some may not gain value, they will rarely lose value...

If it were me, I'd shop around A LOT before plunking down my greenbacks. I wouldn't be concerned with the 'now or never' mentality of the panic buyers...

Congrats on the windfall, let us know what you come up with...:cool:

Flatman6 01-01-2013 11:46 PM

Thanks for the input. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled and will definitely not buy in to the craziness that is going on right now.

shaker 01-01-2013 11:49 PM

If you do buy I'd check out buying from an individual.

Try ar15.com equipment exchange

Popeye77 01-02-2013 12:05 AM

Talked to a Walmart manager today she said they would be getting more Sigs in a couple of weeks. Ask if her if there would be a price change and she said. I am going to try to snag an M400 when they get them in.

danf_fl 01-02-2013 12:51 AM

Right after we had a hurricane, housing prices went through the roof.

3 years later, values went down and people owed more than the shack was worth.

All this buying right now is based on "What if".

CrazedJava 01-02-2013 01:19 AM

I'd wait at least a month before buying anything right now. Let's see the way the wind blows. Everyone is in a buying frenzy and the current bills will probably be DOA on Jan 3rd.

It is just silly to go out and buy a new gun at an inflated price right now.