Buy Cheap, Bury Deep: Store Owner Under Fire For Controversial Gun Ad
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Buy Cheap, Bury Deep: Store Owner Under Fire For Controversial Gun Ad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Buy Cheap, Bury Deep: Store Owner Under Fire For Controversial Gun Ad

Buy Cheap, Bury Deep: Store Owner Under Fire For Controversial Gun Ad
Posted By: Thomas Wilson 18 hrs ago

By Ryan Kosgard, KPRC/NBC News Channel

HOUSTON, TX -- A new, controversial gun store ad has some wondering about the real meaning behind, "Buy them cheap. Bury them deep." The radio ad, airing in the Houston, Texas area also says, "This is Jim Pruett calling from federal prison. Well, not yet."

The ad is for Jim Pruett's Guns and Ammo in northwest Harris County, Texas. It then carries a political message, "Come this November, many could be incarcerated if a bunch of naive voters elect misguided, anti-gun politicians to office."

One line stands out. It says, "Jim Pruett's guns and ammo, where we say 'Buy them cheap. Bury them deep.'" Some are asking, "Bury who deep?"

Owner Jim Pruett said, "We certainly don't mean -- buy your guns, shoot the criminals and bury them deep. Not in your back yard. No, that's not the intent of that. But it's a fun thing to think about."

Pruett said he meant customers should buy guns now and stash them away in case Texans cannot buy them later because politicians prohibit the sale. It's not the first time the former radio personality and Vietnam veteran has captured attention.

One of his radio ads urged people to arm themselves against Hurricane Katrina evacuees. He called them "Katricians."

Pruett said, "I try to use my radio time to say something important."

Andy Kahan, the crime victim's advocate for Houston's mayor, said of the gun ad, "It's just sad that we have to live in a society where you think that you have to have a firearm just to keep you and your family safe."

Pruett said his gun training classes remain at full capacity. He said they have successfully trained more than 5,000 people over the past seven years.
NBC News Channel

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/usworld/news-article.aspx?storyid=110414&catid=6

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #2

It sounds like a great catchy catch phrase to me

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 06-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I, for one, like the guys ideals and his willingness to put it out there for those who want to "hear the message". Good for him!

JD

Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

'Buy them cheap. Bury them deep.'

The first thing that came to mind was weapons and ammo caches, not burying the crooked politicians. But the other thought may have merit....

Old 06-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculker View Post
Andy Kahan, the crime victim's advocate for Houston's mayor, said of the gun ad, "It's just sad that we have to live in a society where you think that you have to have a firearm just to keep you and your family safe."
And that's thanks to the politicians....

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
And that's thanks to the politicians....
Don't forget the fine individuals running the court and prison systems.

I still would like to get my hands on a Jolly Green, load it with sharp hand held weapons, hover over an exercise yard and unload the payload - then put the ensuing chaos and bedlam on Pay Per View. Anyone left standing could earn a new trial with the proceeds. Now that would be worth $49.95in my opinion - not to mention doing some real good for the overcrowding problem....

JD

Old 06-03-2008, 02:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Don't forget the fine individuals running the court and prison systems.

I still would like to get my hands on a Jolly Green, load it with sharp hand held weapons, hover over an exercise yard and unload the payload - then put the ensuing chaos and bedlam on Pay Per View. Anyone left standing could earn a new trial with the proceeds. Now that would be worth $49.95in my opinion - not to mention doing some real good for the overcrowding problem....

JD
i agree with JD, i'd pay to see that, reminds me of that movie the condemned

Old 06-03-2008, 03:39 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Apparently this businessman is taking a lot of heat. That's a bunch of bull. Free speech is still allowed in this Country. At least for a little while longer.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-03-2008, 03:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
'Buy them cheap. Bury them deep.'

The first thing that came to mind was weapons and ammo caches, not burying the crooked politicians. But the other thought may have merit....
HAHAHA! That was my first thought as well. It's funny how uninformed people try to make something out of nothing or try to distort the truth in an attempt to further their political agendas. I am hoping in this case, all the free publicity will really help this business man and boost his sales even more!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.