Business idea, strip club with attached small gun shop?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Business idea, strip club with attached small gun shop?

View Poll Results: Would you support/patronize a strip club/gun shop combination
Yes! 6 19.35%
No 20 64.52%
Whenever i could sneak it past the wife I would 5 16.13%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default Business idea, strip club with attached small gun shop?

Obviously, the gun shop staff would have to screen entrants for drunkenness. Strippers are pretty adept at getting people to just give them money; how easy would it be for them to sell some firearms. Maybe they could "demo" (no ammo) a firearm of their choice for their feature dance? Imagine how much the girls could pick up on commissions.

I would love to see a tiny dancer type demo a nice AR-10 or Garand.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #2

Liked 2506 Times on 1475 Posts
Likes Given: 577

Worked at an indoor range next to a bar, separate business.

It did make screening patrons a bit of a pain. Then you'd get the occasional drunk who would come in and say "if I rent a gun, can I take it out if here to shoot it and then bring it back?" Or the guy with the black eye and bloody nose reeking of booze who wants to buy a gun "right now".

I wouldn't mind the element of girls so much, but alcohol, I'm not tolerant of in proximity of firearms. Not a big fan of strip clubs either, just because of the way some gals get treated. Why not more of a Hooters level of female staff. Kind of cheerleaders for guns.
People Like This 
Old 12-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
...Not a big fan of strip clubs either, just because of the way some gals get treated. Why not more of a Hooters level of female staff. Kind of cheerleaders for guns.
So like "strippers-lite"? That might be interesting, but you wouldn't get the caliber of help. IME, most of the girls working at strip clubs are there as much for the lax schedule and almost non-existent work rules (other than health codes) as they are for the "easy money". The most "set schedule" I've seen at a strip club was something along the lines of "if there aren't six girls here by six PM, we will start making calls, and if you don't answer when we call, we may not need you when you do call".

Now an actual Hooters with an attached gun shop and featuring some girls with some knowledge of the firearms, that could work out. The girls could add a little commission to their tip income.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1355 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Firearms and Booze dont mix well!

Now firearms shop and massage parlor, that might work
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 12-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #5

Liked 1429 Times on 846 Posts
Likes Given: 440

I prefer my gun shop to have a more professional appearance. This seems gimmicky to me, although having a fully dressed beautiful woman selling guns doesn't hurt.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #6

Liked 992 Times on 531 Posts
Likes Given: 807

Really? Not a chance it would work. First off the people that attend strip clubs are usually young or old idiots. Plus if there is a bar that has shootings it seems strip clubs have a higher percentage. Alcohol and guns don't mix at all. And yes I have been to a few strip clubs in my younger days. Plus half the girls that work in those places are fairly loose and do lots of drugs. Want to get a little? Show up with an eight ball and you'll have every girl in the place at your table. Not my idea of a good venue to sell guns. Drugs, whores, and booze. Yea that makes for responsible gun owner ship.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #7

Liked 2057 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Maybe if you sold AR parts only. You could have one business promote stripped uppers, next door sell stripped lowers?

Sent from my XT1056 using Firearms Talk mobile app
People Like This 
Old 12-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #8

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Apparently the chief of staff hasn't spent much time around strippers. Almost everyone of them has mind boggling personal problems and a boy friend who is a professional felon. A gun store in the same building would go over like a fart in church.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #9

Liked 3255 Times on 1945 Posts
Likes Given: 2360

hey hey, not such a bad idea. although i agree with others, fireams and alcohol are not the best combinations....but if you were just buying them? a range would definitely be a BAD idea.

i always thought a gentleman's club next to a topless barber shop would go over pretty well. these skimpy girl wearing sports cuts places would go out of business overnight imo. or maybe car wash....

the possibilities.....endless.....
John_Deer Likes This 
Old 12-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1378 Times on 810 Posts
Likes Given: 252

Would you sell stripper clips?
People Like This