this burns me up - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > this burns me up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Not the Korean War, I was in Korea as part of a plan by the DoD to improve the internet, connectivity, telephony, secured data & Morale and Welfare of the troops. Most of 2001.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Not the Korean War, I was in Korea as part of a plan by the DoD to improve the internet, connectivity, telephony, secured data & Morale and Welfare of the troops. Most of 2001.
Jeeeez, they are still sore over that? It has been like fifty years or so.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 02-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #13

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviorslegacy View Post
Jeeeez, they are still sore over that? It has been like fifty years or so.

JDs point was the youth of Korea protested the US forces being there - they always have. The older folks have always been completely appreciative of our actions to rescue them. Same for the Philippines - the college kids always saw us as occupiers not liberators.

JD also makes a great point about traveling being a great education and I agree. I lived in my first foreign country when I was 18 years old in 1974. Lived in and traveled through many different countries and it was eye opening to say the least...

Last edited by NGIB; 02-23-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default You aren't alone.....

Hey man I know exactly how you feel. I am too 17 and it is very difficult to sit by and watch as friends and others (those you would rather think of as enemies) dress down our country and don't appriciate what we have. As someone said earlier it is nearly impossible to convince an ignorant being of how they are wrong because they must have some semblence of common sence in the first place! I almost get into physical confrontations with ignorant @ss holes who are just regurgitating what their teachers, parents, and news media spoon feed them. It is hard for them to think of any other arguement that is not an emotional feeling but logic. I have had some deep (for our age any way) conversations with a few of my friends and find that they feel the same way too, however because of what seems to be the majority of people are always saying the opposite they are afraid to speak out. I have not had this problem until recently most likely because of my homeschooling, but I now have the confidence to at least negate the comments of the bashers because of what I have learned myself through studying history and the facts. The loud minority silences the quiet majority. From my experiences you will never convince someone they are wrong, they have to come to that conclusion themselves. So don't try so hard to show them they are wrong. They will just get defensive. I know you want to know the facts so you can fight back with the truth. Just know there are other out there such as you and me my friend. Indeed our generations may well be called the bitchers.....but I have never been a conformist

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
JDs point was the youth of Korea protested the US forces being there - they always have. The older folks have always been completely appreciative of our actions to rescue them. Same for the Philippines - the college kids always saw us as occupiers not liberators.

JD also makes a great point about traveling being a great education and I agree. I lived in my first foreign country when I was 18 years old in 1974. Lived in and traveled through many different countries and it was eye opening to say the least...
To bad all of the smart Koreans are gonna pass away here in thirty years or less.

Wait, what happened with the Philippines? My dad was stationed there for a bit, but I never knew there was conflict there outside of WW2.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 02-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviorslegacy View Post
To bad all of the smart Koreans are gonna pass away here in thirty years or less.

Wait, what happened with the Philippines? My dad was stationed there for a bit, but I never knew there was conflict there outside of WW2.
You can look at just about any country that has (or had) US military bases and you'll see the college students protesting. I lived there from 1976 thru 1980 and it was common to see the college idiots protesting us as occupiers.

For you young folks - a stint in the military won't hurt you and you'll grow up quick...

Old 02-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
For you young folks - a stint in the military won't hurt you and you'll grow up quick...
Been considering it more and more often lately......

Quote:

Old 02-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

BTW, I enlisted when I was seventeen.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
BTW, I enlisted when I was seventeen.
As did I, retired when I was 37...

Old 02-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yup...........ain't exactly a decision that gonna happen over night though....trust me I been thinkin bout this for a while and I'm not really a hasty person

Quote: