this burns me up
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > this burns me up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default this burns me up

Sorry for making so many posts. I had like a storage of unanswered questions and, well, you all give very good answers and seem to be very fine people.

Anyways, I was set on fire the other day when I over heard a class mate at college. I can't remember what he said exactly, but it was something like this; "America thinks it is freakin awesome when it is not." "We get involved with all of these stupid wars and lie to us why we go to them." "I bet that the Persian Golf War was just over oil and that it had nothing to do with saving innocents." "America doesn't give a damn over who is free or not, it just cares about how much money is in its pockets." "WW2 was a joke and we shouldn't have gotten involved in any other war past it." "I think that America thinks it is the protector of the world or something." "I mean, Europe is mad at us for going over in WW2 anyways." "All we done was cause a bunch of destruction." "We should have let things work itself out."
IMO, my generation needs to be nick named "The Bitchers".

I have googled some of these things, but I am not finding the answers I am seeking. I am 17, and that means that my knowledge is still very limited. I am struggling with paying college all of my money and my parents money... I mean... I am struggling taking their class's right now. (College is a scam... a doctor doesn't need Algebra.)
Anyways, how can I say the exact opposite to what he said. I want to fight what he is saying, but not with fists. He is telling others this and they are starting to believe him. It is freakin retarded.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Son, you got way too much anger inside ya .. Don't sweat the small stuff and concentrate on college. Maybe get into a debate group or something. Too much to be worrying yourself at your age.

Welcome aboard though...

Old 02-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

It will help if you understand one universal truth - the institutions of higher learning are controlled and occupied by the radical left. They always have been and always will be. The only thing you can aspire to is not to be brainwashed by the constant exposure to ultra leftist propaganda...

Old 02-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Ignorance is difficult if not impossible to overcome. An awful lot of propaganda is out there and it's easier for most people not to question things, but to swallow the party line.

Study hard, read and learn. Life will automatically thin out the herd and if it doesn't do that to your satisfaction, so be it. There will always be ignorance, opinions and fools.

Life is full of challenges, face them with courage and righteousness. In the end, you are the captain of your fate. Relax and do the right thing. In truth, that's all you can do anyway.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
It will help if you understand one universal truth - the institutions of higher learning are controlled and occupied by the radical left. They always have been and always will be. The only thing you can aspire to is not to be brainwashed by the constant exposure to ultra leftist propaganda...
I have been thinking like this since the fifth grade. I read in my history book that people used to only go to 8th grade and then they would start learning a a trade or go off to a university.
When I asked why I have so many years of schooling I was told, "You have more years of schooling because there is more work for you to do." When I compared the work I found that we have just stretched things out and added useless things, like home ec (the parents job), workshop (the parents job), art (lol) and advance mathematics that 80% of all people will never ever use. So ever since then I have thought that they are teaching us so much stuff just to keep us out of trouble or something like that.
Skip forward some years and I am a freshman in college. There you have tons of "make you a well rounded person" classes that cost a fortune. They can charge you what they want because it pretty much goes unchecked and you have to take a **** load of classes to get the degree.

Personally, I believe that the educational system is more like the stuff that greedy mans pockets system. My teachers never have liked my open mind or my big mouth. lol

Old 02-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Quoted for Truth!!

Travel is the one known cure for such blinded stupidity that is found in these people. There will be no TELLING them anything, they have to see it with their own eyes.

When I was in Korea, I was in a taxi cab on one of the first Fridays in country. As the cab came to the Yong-San Military Base in Seoul, there was a large protest going on.

Plenty of college aged kids where protesting the "US Occupation of their country" and the US Military and our "oppressive" government was keeping the North and South apart.

There must have been 200 or 300 college aged folks there with drums and big sheets with writing on them ( I couldn't read Korean but the meaning was quite clear ). They had some 22 or 23 year old "leader" up in front with a megaphone and he was getting them all whiped into a frenzy about how the US government was keeping families apart and how a Unified Korea was the only future that would mean a Successful Korea.

It was very eye-opening, and a bit scary, because there was only 3 of us in the cab, all Americans, and if that mob wanted too, they could have got us before the base soldiers could intervene.

The taxi driver was an older Korean, probably in his 50's. He was looking at the protestors and he looked at me in the front seat and he apologized for the youth of his nation. He wanted us to know that the kids today DO NOT understand what it was like before the US Military came along. He said that the North would enslave the people of the South in a heartbeat if not for the Americans and that most of the country DID NOT feel the way that these young kids did. They didn't know any better.

Over the next year, I made my way around to several bases and outposts throughout the South of Korea. Everywhere we went, we were treated well, with respect, and routinely were told that it was great having us there, that the people appreciated our business and out presence.

The youth of today doesn't have the actual, hands on understanding of having gone through what the people of the past experienced. You can read about Pearl Harbor and about the Concentration Camps, but until you actually see the devestation up close and personal, or talk to those that really were there, it's impossible to just wrap your head around it as a young idealist.

Your best bet is make your college prove his statements. Question him for the proof of his accusations. Where is the "money" that we went to so many wars for? Where is the greatly reduced oil prices that fell into our laps after Gulf War 1. Where is the cheap oil of today, because I just paid close to $60 to fill my tank and I sure as hell don't remember that being the case when I was in High School.

Then ask him if he would like to have spent a few weeks in Iraq under Saddam where merely implying what he was saying as facts would have gotten him kidnapped, tortured and probably killed.

There is a reason you have to be a minimum age to hold various offices in this great land.

Youth is still wasted on the Young.

JD

Old 02-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviorslegacy View Post
I have been thinking like this since the fifth grade. My teachers never have liked my open mind or my big mouth. lol
Hell. I like him already. Can we keep him guys?

JD

Old 02-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #8

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

My oldest received her last degree (she has 4) from THE bastion of the liberal left - Columbia University. I was worried that the constant exposure would totally corrupt her as like most youth she leaned a little left. Thankfully, when she parlayed that fancy (and very expensive) law degree into a 6 figure job - she realized the left wasn't all that great.

The realization hits home when these idealistic students graduate, get a job, and begin paying for all the social programs they were fans of...

Old 02-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Hell. I like him already. Can we keep him guys?

JD
So far, so good!

Old 02-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Youth is still wasted on the Young.
Hey I resent that. lol
I would like to see a half million or more old timers become 20 again though. It would do this nation some good. I have some friends that lived through the Great Depression and that were WW2 vets that would probably work circles around people in today's world. It saddens me that in 10 or more years they might be gone.

As for the teacher thing.... I ended up making one so mad that I was sent into detention for disturbing the class every day. You see, I had asthma (or however you spell) and I would cough when I would get out in the cold. I still have problems today, but I still wont carry an inhaler (the moment you start depending on drugs and little electronics devices is the moment you lose your freedom). Not only that, my lungs have gotten better because they are forced to endure the stress.

I hope to one day finish my book and fulfill my promise. I have been a writer since I could write. I would make all kinds of stupid drawings and I slowly developed a story. That story has been developing for like 13 years now. I plan on giving 70% of all profits away and living like a normal person if it gets big. If I still have to work then I will work. When I was 9 I asked God to help me make a famous book and that if he would help me do that I would give back.

Owell, enough about me, I kinda feel like I have a big head. So the bad part about me is that I am an under achiever.

ps Wait, were you in Korea? I know someone that was in both WW2 and in Korea. He said that he signed up for the reserves and then they put him into service because of his experience. I think he shoots professionally with a M1 Garand now.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Last edited by saviorslegacy; 02-23-2010 at 05:09 PM.