Burma - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Burma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 08:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviezombie View Post
Dillinger, your articulation is so good that its too bad you don't have the desire to be a politician!

and i am properly chastised: yes, once a Marine, always a Marine......

movie zombie
Thank you my friend!

JD

Old 06-10-2008, 09:54 PM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
sorry but my 84 year old ex-Marine dad is greatly offended when i tell him about the attitude i run into here at firearmstalk.com when occasionally i do post ....he says he didn't fight for another american to tell me what my opinion should or should not be. get into a political discussion with him and he'll respect your opinion but he'll tell you if he does not agree. i will note here that he's 180 degrees from you on most issues....this is the same man you told me in another post was a great man for his service to his country in WWII.....
And I stand by my original comments - he is a hero and a patriot because of his service. I never commented on his opinions, only his service and sacrifice. It is because of people like him, my own Dad, myself, and my son, that I take offense when my country is slammed by foreign nationals who's own countries were rescued from Nazi, communist, and now Islamic fascists.
i didn't see the original post as an invitation to rant re politics or the UN......but when it went that way, posters joined in. if this forum is meant only to hear one side and have one political politic, let that politic be 2nd amendment concerns only. i'd rather not hear that opposite views are not welcome when it comes to other discussions/issues....but then i don't own this forum. however, i will say there is much here at firearmstalk that i don't participate in because of the bashing that goes on. movie zombie
I don't require an "invitation" to speak in defense of those things that tens of thousands who came before me sacrificed and died for. I'll be god-damned if I sit back and let some pea-brained pseudo-intellectual who resides on foreign soil denegrate and accuse my country of war-crimes, collusion, or self-interest with respect to supplying tax-payer funded aid to a foreign country which has no strategic value, economic or monetary resources.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 06-10-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:22 PM   #23

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

RL - I had received a PM from you concerning a firearms question, but in my attempt to return with an answer, I was told you are not accepting. If you could please add me to your buddy list, perhaps I can get you the information you seek.

And thank you for your interest.

I only post here because I know you will be checking back....

JD

Old 06-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
I don't require an "invitation" to speak in defense of those things that tens of thousands who came before me sacrificed and died for. I'll be god-damned if I sit back and let some pea-brained pseudo-intellectual who resides on foreign soil denegrate and accuse my country of war-crimes, collusion, or self-interest with respect to supplying tax-payer funded aid to a foreign country which has no strategic value, economic or monetary resources.

i hope you find a way to accept that there are patriots that don't agree with you and that its ok for someone in another country to have an opinion.

movie zombie

Old 06-11-2008, 01:50 AM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
i hope you find a way to accept that there are patriots that don't agree with you and that its ok for someone in another country to have an opinion.

movie zombie

I accept EVERYBODY'S right to an opinion - I spent 8 years in the service of this country to protect your right to have an opinion, I will NOT accept or allow insulting, condescending, derogatory, malicious, misleading, false, or discriminatory comments or opinions about this country from any person who is NOT an American citizen or working in this country as a legal taxpaying alien, to go unanswered or unchallenged. In fact, since I also have rights , I don't much care if you're a citizen or not - I will still fight you tooth and nail if you attempt to demean or trivialize what others have died to protect. The audacity to become a member of a forum in another country, and then use that forum as a bully-pulpit to spew thinly-veiled, insulting, political rhetoric about that country is beyond my ability to comprehend or tolerate. And I'm not referring to comments made only on this thread. This has been ongoing and I've had more than I care to take.

PS - Webster's Complete Desk Reference definition of Patriot - A person who loves and DEFENDS his country.

Last edited by RL357Mag; 06-11-2008 at 02:09 AM.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:21 AM   #26

no one forces any of us to participate in any thread, forum or website......

i'd love to be around if you ever meet my dad: he's still pretty hot headed at 84 and would probably try to deck you when you called him unAmerican...and you probably would.....why? because he thinks the same as Boris regarding many things political and would tell you so. don't confuse being critical of one's government as being critical of the soldiers. and never ever ever tell an old Marine that he's unAmerican because he doesn't agree with you!

enough of this thread already. see you in another threadline.......

movie zombie

Old 06-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
no one forces any of us to participate in any thread, forum or website......

i'd love to be around if you ever meet my dad: he's still pretty hot headed at 84 and would probably try to deck you when you called him unAmerican...and you probably would.....why? because he thinks the same as Boris regarding many things political and would tell you so. don't confuse being critical of one's government as being critical of the soldiers. and never ever ever tell an old Marine that he's unAmerican because he doesn't agree with you!

enough of this thread already. see you in another threadline.......

movie zombie
Huh? What the hell are you spouting off about now? You need to learn how to read pal - I never called your dad un-American, but I would you, particularly since you seem to have your head up Boris's ass, who is clearly un-American. When you get your head out of his ass maybe you will be able to see the light of day...
Until that time feel free to voice your "opinions" of this country or side with foreign nationals in their disdain for this country - but do so knowing that your BS will be rebutted.

Last edited by RL357Mag; 06-11-2008 at 01:03 PM.