Burma
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Burma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Burma

We have all heard about the disaster relief for Burma hurricane victims. Now a story has been leaked out that there is still 1 million people needing help. But the government has told the people if the want the aid you will have to buy it. I mean they must be getting it free? I say if this is true the world must do something. This was a news report Monday the 9th on TV.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

We tried giving them free aid - they declined several of our attempts. What should we do now? Invade? At the risk of sounding cold-hearted and uncaring I must say that we need to stop surveiling the rest of the world and start taking our own problems as seriously. We have people in this country that are starving, losing their houses, and dying from lack of medical care. We are always the first to give out money, aid, and food to whoever asks, yet our own citizens (who pay for it all) are in dire straits. America's place at the top of the food chain is rapidly diminishing, just like our wolrd clout, industry, and welcome. Let the UN earn it's keep! Instead of conducting a 3-week US tour to analyze Racism in America, why don't they spend their time analyzing the situations in countries where people are starving to death.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Let the UN earn it's keep! Instead of conducting a 3-week US tour to analyze Racism in America, why don't they spend their time analyzing the situations in countries where people are starving to death.
.. or being mutilated & tourtured by their leaders, or being the the victims of genocide because their views don't match those of the people in "charge", etc, etc, etc.

Right on Point RL!! - The UN is all about sticking their collective noses in where it's convenient for a cover story, but you never see them trying to clean up any messes. They are there for the press, then they casually slip away into the background as all the limelight fades and the hard work begins.

Anyone remember Somalia? Great job they did there - nothing much happened until the Marines showed up and got the food and medical supplies to those that needed them. Then our uber liberal hierarchy was concerned about public opinion pulled the Marines and left the remaining troops there without real support. Except they did have the UN there for "help".

We need to stop shoveling money into other parts of the world and do some work at home. If you listen to the press, no one wants us there anyways and we, SINGLE-HANDEDLY, are the sole cause of everything that is going wrong on the planet.

Just once I would like to see what the UN, and their collective, is doing to really help some of these people that everyone wants us to assist, as long as we do it with our checkbook and not with any real attempt to make life better for them. Spread some more US funds around - the UN will insure it gets to the people that really need it.

JD

Old 06-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Instead of conducting a 3-week US tour to analyze Racism in America, why don't they spend their time analyzing the situations in countries where people are starving to death.
Because then they'd have to actually do something. That's not the way they work, or don't work.

Burma is a client state of China. China could make them accept the aid, but they won't because starving, dying people are of no concern to them. Human life is cheap there. The elite will do only what's necessary to maintain themselves in power. What the people of Burma need is drop shipments of arms, as well as food. But we don't do that kind of thing anymore. It would make the evil people angry and keeping them placated is more important than feeding chattel slaves....

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #5

...besides as far I knowthey ain't got no oil!...........

Old 06-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I'll let someone else call you an a***hole....
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Boris - I have an honest to God question here. Do you own firearms currently? Because in looking back at like 2 pages of your posts, you seem to spend a lot of time taking shots at the forum, like the one above, but don't seem to be offering a lot in the way "firearmstalk" - which was kind of the purpose of the website I think.

I only ask because I don't want to miss out on something that you might be contributing that could be relevant to the world of the firearm, but really, I have no interest in coming to a site that I enjoy and reading posts that I would consider "baiting".

You have some strong opinions, which is great and you are welcome to them, but some of us aren't here to argue - believe it or not. I, for one, am here to learn some stuff and share what I know, so I really don't want to read thread after thread of back and forth battles.

While it's true, I could just click the ignore button, I was kind of wondering if there might be more to your reason of joining up here other than to spend some time "giving it to the Yanks across the pond". Don't they have sport shooting websites and hunting club websites in the South of France?

Honestly, I am not trying to be a d1ck here - You seem like a well read and intelligent fellow, someone who could offer something that I might gleen quite useful - I am just one that comes here not for battle, but to actually learn some things.

Thanks -

JD

Old 06-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Boris - I have an honest to God question here. Do you own firearms currently? Because in looking back at like 2 pages of your posts, you seem to spend a lot of time taking shots at the forum, like the one above, but don't seem to be offering a lot in the way "firearmstalk" - which was kind of the purpose of the website I think.

I only ask because I don't want to miss out on something that you might be contributing that could be relevant to the world of the firearm, but really, I have no interest in coming to a site that I enjoy and reading posts that I would consider "baiting".

You have some strong opinions, which is great and you are welcome to them, but some of us aren't here to argue - believe it or not. I, for one, am here to learn some stuff and share what I know, so I really don't want to read thread after thread of back and forth battles.

While it's true, I could just click the ignore button, I was kind of wondering if there might be more to your reason of joining up here other than to spend some time "giving it to the Yanks across the pond". Don't they have sport shooting websites and hunting club websites in the South of France?

Honestly, I am not trying to be a d1ck here - You seem like a well read and intelligent fellow, someone who could offer something that I might gleen quite useful - I am just one that comes here not for battle, but to actually learn some things.

Thanks -

JD
this thread is not firearm related and therefore shouldn't exist?

as a yank in the pond, i am not offended by Boris' statement....in fact, it has a ring of truth to it. scottg also has hit something when he said <Burma is a client state of China. China could make them accept the aid, but they won't because starving, dying people are of no concern to them. Human life is cheap there. The elite will do only what's necessary to maintain themselves in power. What the people of Burma need is drop shipments of arms, as well as food. But we don't do that kind of thing anymore. It would make the evil people angry....>

movie zombie

Old 06-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #9

the UN is inefective and should be booted from NY. with that said burma/myanmar is a rogue regime that will do anything do further their grip on it's own population. regimes like that should be dealt with because nothing is stopping them from helping terrorists and our other enemies like north korea. our next major threat within the next 20 years is china. i would propose providing aid to burma's civilian population (secretly) in order to propogate a future proxy force to fight china. why do you think pres. bush visited india a few years back? we could give a crap about india, but we're worried about china.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #10

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

America cannot support military action in every part of the world, the rest of the world nations needs to take up the call to help. We got enough on our plates right now and to spread further into other countries problems would be a disaster for America.