Burial, cremation, or composting - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Burial, cremation, or composting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
On another forum, discussion centered around how you would wish your earthly remains disposed of after your demise.

I admired one local gent who was cremated, (REALLY) and at a gathering of friends at his place on the river for drinks and memories, had his remains loaded into his favorite cannon, and fired over the river (I LIKE having a "favorite cannon")

Myself- I plan to live forever (so far, so good ) but I did like one post on the forum: "I told my family to cremate me and pour my ashes into the wells of my enemies"

So- how do YOU plan on saying aloha? Forest Lawn? Flaming Viking ship? Have your body left in a booth at Waffle House? Scare the hell out of the lifeguard at the pool?
I'll be cremated and powdered so the wife can put me in the D bag and run me through 1 more time. Any left overs can be added to a shot gun shell.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #72

Liked 794 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 888

Just wander out into the wilderness....... Like the Buddhist monks...

Old 12-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

It occurs to me that a buddy of mine in Memphis had this cool landlord who had built his casket & kept it behind the couch. It was a nice wooden casket with handles, not fancy, but nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Just wander out into the wilderness....... Like the Buddhist monks...
This presumes you have notice in advance. This also makes me wonder how i could make my body poisonous to bears, bears only. That could be some funny stuff; write "eat me" on my forehead & lay in wait for some ursine victims. muahahahaha

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 12-16-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #74
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7642 Times on 4592 Posts
Likes Given: 9548

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin81 View Post
In Arkansas as long as your buried with in 24 hrs of death u can be buried without being drained and refilled. They still allow wooden coffins here too. As for the dog ashes not really legal but hey who's gonna go looking at a dead guys feet.

play the victim, be the victim
So, you can bury someone in your backyard????

Old 12-17-2011, 03:42 AM   #75

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Cremated and my ashes spread on a horse trail that I love in Wyoming. Now I can only hope my family will actually do it!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 12-17-2011, 05:48 AM   #76
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 793 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 1790

Cremated and half my ashes spread on my favorite spot in the N. Georgia mountains; and the other half off the southern coast of Hawaii. Wife has agreed to do it, since she'll get a trip back to The Big Island (where we got married).

Old 12-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #77
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8674 Times on 5016 Posts
Likes Given: 11281

My father-in-law passed on a few years ago and my wife and I handled all of the formalities. He had pre-paid for cremation and we picked up the cremains. His other daughter (my sister-out-law) insisted that we give her some of the ashes. We did, putting them in a pint Mason jar for the novelty (other daughter insisted that he had buried tens of thousands in cash in Mason jars out in the garden but it was not true).

A couple of days later I lamented as to how I should have taken ashes from the pellet stove and barbecue to give her. I still regret not having done that as he would have liked the idea.

His ashes are next to me now as I write. One day when my wife is ready we will spread them somewhere.

As for me I don't care. I think cremation is a good idea as cemeteries for the likes of me are a waste of real estate. The cremains can be left out in the trash as far as I am concerned. I think my boys will come up with another idea though. I'm cool with whatever they do.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #78
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7642 Times on 4592 Posts
Likes Given: 9548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
As for me I don't care. I think cremation is a good idea as cemeteries for the likes of me are a waste of real estate. The cremains can be left out in the trash as far as I am concerned. I think my boys will come up with another idea though. I'm cool with whatever they do.
I agree cemeteries are a waste of real estate. What's the point? My Mother died many years ago and she is buried in the ground. The rare time I go to the cemetery, I think, "What the heck am I doing here?" I don't feel any closer to her there at her graveside than I am at any other time of day.

As for my cremains, I imagine I'll sit on one of the kid's mantel. Some day a grand child will knock the urn over and they'll just vacuum me up.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #79

diamond cremation jewelry is the best option...i always like to cremate my love one...

Old 12-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #80

Liked 413 Times on 227 Posts

Family land cemeteries are common here in the country. We are looking for some land close to us to build a gun range on for our own use. Maybe she can plant me somewhere out down range under the big gong ive had in my shop for years, waiting on a good patch of land.

play the victim, be the victim