You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Burial, cremation, or composting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 09:19 PM   #141
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11359 Times on 5548 Posts
Likes Given: 42689

After much thought , I want to sneek into the White House , crawl into main heating and cooling ducts and after a few days , make my presents know by the stench........!
People Like This 
Old 04-21-2017, 11:43 PM   #142
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6740 Times on 3862 Posts
Likes Given: 32432

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
After much thought , I want to sneek into the White House , crawl into main heating and cooling ducts and after a few days , make my presents know by the stench........!
depending on who was in Office, that would be very entertaining. I can even imagine the headlines.

"President questioned on claims DB found in WH was one of his interns." or "Lost AC repairman found, even though no one knew he was missing."

Strangest one I ever saw, as far as use of the remains, was a dad in MI, who put in his will that his remains were to be split between his daughters and wife, and kept in their cars in the winter months, to be used as a traction air if they got stuck.

Pretty much a case of helping his loved ones out, even after he's gone.

I may live in the North, but I still uphold the Southern Values I was raised with.

lifetime member. NAHC, NRA, And SCOPE NY

If it's a nice enough day to wash the bike, it's d@mn well also a nice enough day to be riding it instead.
People Like This 
Old 04-22-2017, 05:43 AM   #143

Liked 7163 Times on 3924 Posts
Likes Given: 12227

i always liked the smoky bars and saloons from my past, and loud honky tonk C&W music, and cold long neck beer.

so just prop me up beside the jukebox and leave a cold one in my hand, when i die, and i'll be happy!
"the hate which we all bear with the most Christian patience, is the hate of those who envy us."
People Like This 
Old 04-23-2017, 05:20 PM   #144
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12731 Times on 6638 Posts
Likes Given: 26809

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1492968032.664178.jpg .
People Like This 
Old 04-23-2017, 05:27 PM   #145
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7978 Times on 4334 Posts
Likes Given: 6115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas53 View Post
well i have been poor. and that didn't make me happy. i would like to just once try being rich to see if it would make me happy!
If being rich didn't make you happy, at least you'd be having fun being miserable!

Actually, if you became rich and decided not to be miserly, you probably would not be miserable either...
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
Generalizations are (almost) always bad.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/10th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-13-14-15-2017-a-123120/#post1850960
People Like This 
Old 04-23-2017, 05:30 PM   #146
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7978 Times on 4334 Posts
Likes Given: 6115

My mom asked if we could sew her up in an American flag and drop her off in the ocean. Save all that funeral home expense. We couldn't arrange to do that for her.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
Generalizations are (almost) always bad.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/10th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-13-14-15-2017-a-123120/#post1850960
People Like This 
Old 04-23-2017, 07:05 PM   #147
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3560 Times on 2075 Posts
Likes Given: 2321

In many states if you have more than 5 acres and you bury a family member with in 48 hours it is legal to bury them on your property with out the services of a funeral home or being embalmed.
People Like This 
Old 04-23-2017, 10:36 PM   #148
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 16331 Times on 6737 Posts
Likes Given: 2662

Jim- Balota's problem is he in in Oklahoma. They don't GOT an ocean!

The summer we moved to Colorado (from Virginia) our teen aged daughter asked "Dad- how far is it to the beach?"

Ummm- sit down for a minute, sweetie. This is a map of the US. Here is VA Beach. HERE is where you used to live. HERE is where you live now.

Very quiet- *Oh*
People Like This 
Old 04-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #149
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2738 Times on 1527 Posts
Likes Given: 2714

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Jim- Balota's problem is he in in Oklahoma. They don't GOT an ocean!

The summer we moved to Colorado (from Virginia) our teen aged daughter asked "Dad- how far is it to the beach?"

Ummm- sit down for a minute, sweetie. This is a map of the US. Here is VA Beach. HERE is where you used to live. HERE is where you live now.

Very quiet- *Oh*
I've told Mrs Buckhuntr that I want to be cremated, and have her take half my ashes to The Big Island of Hawaii, to scatter my ashes in the ocean as close to Kilauea's active lava flow as she can safely get (we got married on that island), and have my nephews scatter the rest of my ashes on Cowpen Mtn in the Cohutta Wilderness, where my maternal ancestors used to live. That way she gets a vacation and nephews get an excuse for a hiking trip. Win-win for everyone.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.
People Like This