Burial, cremation, or composting - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Burial, cremation, or composting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #91
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1579 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 8166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post
The wife and I are both in agreement on cremation.

I seem to remember hearing about a company a few years ago called Parting Shots. You could send them a small amount of your loved ones ashes and they would load them into shotgun shells (as the shot buffer). That way you could take them hunting with you one last time.

On a side note. Something that REALLY turns my screw is seeing the grounds crew sitting on their backhoe waiting for the funeral ceremony to be over.
--------------------------------------

A very close friend of mine died from bone cancer. He was the best friend I had ever had, and the most honest trustworthy person I've ever known. His name was John Largent. We both changed jobs and moved apart, but kept in touch over the years. I found out about his cancer and would make the drive to visit him during his treatments.

The last time we talked he told me "Shoot Troy, I feel strong. Man I got this stuff licked." I got a call a couple weeks later while at work. It was his wife, and she asked me if I would give the eulogy at his funeral. Have you ever agreed to do something, then hung up the phone and thought "what the hell did I just do?" That was me. . . . But I tell you, giving that eulogy was the best thing I've ever done.

Just before the service at the funeral home I told Linda, his wife, that I had a favor to ask. She knew how close John and I had been and immediately said yes. I told her how much the backhoe thing bothered me and utterly disrespectful I thought it was, and asked if I could bury John. Right then and there she took me by the hand, walked me over to the County Judge, said "This is Troy, and he is going to bury John." He said that he'd tell his guys to stay back until I left. After the graveside service was over I waited around for what seemed like forever for everyone to leave, walked to my truck, took off my suit coat and picked up the shovel I had bought just for this purpose. As I walked back to the graveside I was joined by another one of his friends. He had asked Linda why I was loitering, and she told him my plans. So he had gone and found the grounds crew, gotten another shovel, and said that I wasn't doing it without him.
THAT was a good day.

BTW: That shovel still sits in the corner having only been used once.
Troy, a few years ago I did the same for a road brother's dad. It was an honor to do so, and a day I will never forget.

I don't want a dry eye at my funeral, so we'll start with a release of CS gas.... Just kidding.

First, take any organs that will help someone live a better life, I won't be needing them. After that, shake and bake, put a small amout of the ashes in a key ring vessel, and put it on the key ring for my bike. Pour out the rest at a place with a nice view, then throw the biggest party that this county has ever seen. Don't mourn my passing, celebrate my life!

As to the bike keys; whoever gets it takes me with them whenever the bike goes out. Find the right spot, say some words, and set me free. We will meet again in the clearing at the end of the path.

C3, thank you for yet another great thread!

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 12-24-2011, 05:13 AM   #92
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10706

I have the organ donor thingy checked on my driver's license. I am also a member of the bone marrow donor bank. Harvest from me what you can if I can't use it any longer. Squeeze what can be squeezed out of the remains and then burn me to ashes. My wife and/or sons would get the ashes. They will do what feels right to them. I won't be needing my ashes.

One thing I do not want to happen is for the funeral industry to take advantage of my death and exploit that on my wife or kids. Don't put me in a casket of any kind. If a box is required then I would like a cardboard box. Or a simple pine box.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:20 AM   #93

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

I'd like to be buried in the yard with some spears and broken pottery and ****. Then have my grandkids call some archaeologists to come "discover me" 50 years from now. Just think it would be a funny prank to play, since archaeologists suck and I loathe the profession.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #94

Cremation is the best way rather than burial or composting.....

Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #95
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Cremated and then i want my brother to dig a hole in his front yard dump me in and put a nice dogwood tree on top of me. Then have the biggest party ever.

Or i want to be buried in my truck cause its never been in a hole that it couldnt get out of LOL

Last edited by woody63m; 03-01-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #96

Rather than burial,cremation or composition.... i think body liquefaction is the best funeral process...... it is also known as greener way to die...and environment friendly too..

Old 05-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #97

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Surprised that no one selected the booth at Waffle House......

Looking for Rube, Mason, Georgia (George) and the rest of them?

Not sure if I'd want a yellow PostIt though.....