Bums Squatting in Bank Repo House Across The Street
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bums Squatting in Bank Repo House Across The Street

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 03:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Default Bums Squatting in Bank Repo House Across The Street

So about 3 months ago the neighbor across the street let his house go back to the bank and left. There was this one bum guy that had helped him load and move his stuiff to his new house (rental) over in Elk Grove. The guy that left, gave the bum guy permission to live in his backyard.

I didn't see much activity across the street in the beginning when the bum guy was living in the backyard in a tent, but about the last month theres a woman living there and about 10 other guys. These folks are local known street bums and have been run off alot of times over the years for stealing anything not nailed down in front or backyards here.

Now that the house has been vacant for so long they are living in the house now.

Just the last week or so the drunken drugged out freaks have been getting too bold around here and I feel soon one or more of them are going to be causing a serious problem for someone.

The elderly neighbor lady next to me passed away about a month ago and her family has been clearing out this house and have it listed for sale. People have been coming by to look at it but when they see whats up across the street they loose interest real quick to want to buy.

One of the son's of the lady that passed away has been harassed by these bums because when he comes by to check on the property he has had to run them out of the backyard several times.

This morning he went to the bank that is forclosing on the property to see what they could do about this bum infestation and they say their hands are tied as the house is still in foreclosure. The Sheriff has been called several times and even by myself about this and nothing seems to get done about this problem.

So today, while the bums were gone or asleep or whatever, I brought my bucket truck over here and disconnected the power drop off the transformer on the pole going to this house and while I was at it cut the aerial phone drop as well as the cable TV. The phone was off but the cable TV and the power was still going, that is until I cut it.

Next week, I know where the gas valve in the street is to turn off the gas to the meter of this house and I'll be truning it off then. Turning it off at the house would do nothing as the bums would probably turn it back on. Actually the woman that lives in the house next to them has turned off the water at the meter a couple of times and the bums have turned it back on.

That leaves the water. I think what I'll do is to turn off the water at the main then saw off the water pipe feeding the house and I bet that will finish off all the utilities to this house.

So other than the neighbors and myself continueing to call the Sheriff and the bank and considering what I've already done and will complete doing next week....... What else should I do or encourage the other nieghbors to do?

Any ideas?

Last edited by mrm14; 02-12-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2011, 03:58 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Too bad the place doesn't get struck by lightening and burn down...

Old 02-12-2011, 04:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Too bad the place doesn't get struck by lightening and burn down...
Thats been discussed by a couple of my neighbors but I think that would be taking it a little bit too far. It is or was a nice house and this area is one of the better areas for houses in this small community.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:05 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Let's talk about it tomorrow when we hit the range.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-12-2011, 04:08 AM   #5
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Land Mines and Claymores.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #6
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1915 Times on 1105 Posts
Likes Given: 3905

Anyway to locks on the water and gas lines to prevent usage?

We have a house that is either a bank foreclosure or the ownership issue, they (bank or HOA) boarded up the bottom windows and doors of the 2 story house.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Anyway to locks on the water and gas lines to prevent usage?

We have a house that is either a bank foreclosure or the ownership issue, they (bank or HOA) boarded up the bottom windows and doors of the 2 story house.
Turning off the gas in the street before the house meter and turning off the water main and cutting clean the pipe that feeds the house is the way to go. The bums wont be able to find it in the street nor do they have the tool for it and they wont be able to fix the water pipe that feeds the house without drawing attention from the water district. Especially if I or an instructed neighbor call the water district on them while they are trying to dig up the christy box to fix the cut pipe to the house.

Boarding up the windows I feel would hide whats going on inside the house as we can see them inside the house from across the street.

Last edited by mrm14; 02-12-2011 at 04:50 AM.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:11 AM   #8

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

fox urine? skunk smell? IDK

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 02-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #9

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

About ten skunks. Or go to the gander mtn and get a bunch of doe in estrus urin and put it on all their crap. Can't you bring action to the Cops and force them to get rid of them.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Don't cut the pipe! Call the water department and they will come out and lock the meter. If the people cut the lock the police will be able to prosecute for destruction of property. If you cut the pipe, they can prosecute YOU!