Bully Problem - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bully Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 07:03 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. I know I should just avoid this kid but it is hard because I hate him so much. I have never really disliked someone, much less despise them. Plus I'm 18 and If I got charged, that would probably ruin my chances of getting into college... I've been battling myself for a while on this issue and you guys are swaying me the right way so I do appreciate it.
You have made a very wise decision to ask rather than react. That shows me you have the ability to exercise your intellect rather than allow your emotions to take over!

Drop the "I hate him so much" thought. Sounds silly when you re-read it doesn't it? His future is cast and your 'hate' of him has no bearing. What do you gain by kicking the $hit out of him? Some short term instant gratification? How much college tuition will that buy?

The simple act of your internal compass directing you to this site to ask for advice speaks volumes as to what I foresee as your bright future! And I don't see that future including a premeditated street fight!

Take some advice from this old fart. Each morning when I get up I have a fixed amount of energy I have available to spend that day. (Seems to get smaller each morning!) I make every effort to spend that energy positively. Each ounce of that energy spent in a negative manner is wasted, never to serve me or anyone again! Every bit of that energy spent in a positive manner enriches my and others' lives!

I carry every time I leave my house. (Even when I walk the dog around the block.) I smile and wave to those that pass and will talk to anyone with time to share. Not one of them knows I am armed and I do not present the image that I'm looking for trouble. Not once in my long life have I needed to draw my weapon and I pray I never need to. Just imagine the thought the BG would have (albeit a short thought) should he decide to take advantage of this pleasant old man!

My point is, I avoid negative confrontations like the plague. I present no desire for them, stay away from known problem areas and never let my guard down however comfortable the environs are. Try it and I bet you will sleep better and live a long and successful life.

Good luck dave8, and stick around. We love to dole out free advice!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #12

Ditto on all the advice.......
Having been in the same boat back in the day,I found the adults in my life were more than willing to help but were not always there so plan ahead for the problem.
Carry a cell phone,don't go to the mall or a party alone,if you see him walk away.
If he does steal something call the police,If you see him assault someone call the police,they may not want to but you can as a witness.
If Tony is a loner He may just be looking for attention so if he hasn't done anything against the law ,play down your reaction and walk away,when he doesn't get what he wants he may look for someone easier to provoke.
If he ramps it up call the police

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #13

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

This is one of the reasons I think every family should be required to own and know how to operate a back-hoe. Then there would be no problem with this tony punk.

Yes back in the day we would have taken him out behind auto shop and whooped his sorry drugie azz. But in todays world just go to the cops and let them deal with it.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:03 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbrickracing View Post
Ditto on all the advice.......
Having been in the same boat back in the day,I found the adults in my life were more than willing to help but were not always there so plan ahead for the problem.
Carry a cell phone,don't go to the mall or a party alone,if you see him walk away.
If he does steal something call the police,If you see him assault someone call the police,they may not want to but you can as a witness.
If Tony is a loner He may just be looking for attention so if he hasn't done anything against the law ,play down your reaction and walk away,when he doesn't get what he wants he may look for someone easier to provoke.
If he ramps it up call the police
Very sound advice!!

I wish I had this kind of access when I was younger.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #15

All great replys. I quadruple ditto the staying away plan. Turn the other cheek if you will. Even if you are under 18, records are there and will haunt you for a very long time. A few months ago, my son went for a Air Force ROTC scholarship. They wanted to know everything. Traffic tickets too! His record was clean, but you never know what could hamper you down the road.

You're not being "chicken" or copping out going to the police. You are being smart. For now and for your future. Unfortunately, in todays computerized world and everything documented and available everywhere, one little mess up can possilbly wreck your whole future.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #16

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Wow a lot of great advice on here. Sad thing is I heard the same while growing up but I chose to ignore it.

A similar situation happened to me way back when while in HS. Ex-friend threatened me with a knife. I proceeded to kick the **** out of him and his 2 friends. Just ended up with a bigger problem. Trouble with that group followed me outside of HS.

Dave,
I would take the advice of the others and make sure each instance is documented by someone - school, police, parents. Getting into a 1 on 1 fight just doesn't really happen like it does in the movies. Turn your back or lose sight of someone for 1 second and you could be seriously hurt. Ask me how I know.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:50 AM   #17
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

All very good advice, you can also speak with your school Counselor or student advisor about the issue and they should be able to help with out putting your name next to the issue. Also consider un unsigned letter to the principal expressing your concerns with this kid, they will have to keep an eye on him if nothing more than to cover there butts. The best payback you can give a guy like this is your living a great life, so don't let him mess up your chances to go to college.

We all wish you the best and keep us in the loop.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:13 AM   #18

More thanks for all the good advice guys! I read all of your posts and believe it or not, it really is inspiring to me. Its awesome that you guys don't even know me and are willing to sincerely help me out. BTW, Tango, my dad does have a backhoe but unfortunately I'm not an experienced grave digger And dog2000, what happened?

Old 04-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #19

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Too many opponents at 1 time. Too drunk to think things through But hey, the Giants did just win the SB

2, maybe 3 I can handle depending on the situation - 4,5,6 or more and it is just too much. Weapons, they change the scenario completely. No matter how big/strong/tough/experienced/skilled someone is, getting hit in the back of the head will almost always put someone down. Taking a blow from a weapon is not like it is in the movies. Getting put on the ground against multiple opponents is a tough position to be in no matter who you are.

A word of caution, if you ever do find yourself in that position keep your back protected and strike first. Make sure number 1 goes down for the duration. Shed number 2 and put down number 3 as hard as you can. Return to number 2 and finish him off. Like I said, any more than 3 and you can be in real trouble. And don't worry about running, you can always fight another day.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Dave8,

I've seen some good advise here but none I would follow to the letter. Make Tony's pitiful little life miserable.

Here is how you do it:

Do just what you did here. But take it to the next level: Contact (in writing as well as in person) your ... School Officials, School Board, Police, Parents, and even local News Media if no one listens. Kids like him get away with a lot crap because no one will do anything. When I was in high school, all the bullies stayed away from me like the Black Plague. Because they knew I'd get even with them. And I did several times.

You can kick Tony's butt if you like, but it won't stop him. Only the power of AUTHORTIY can put him in his place.

Last edited by Mark F; 04-17-2009 at 03:28 PM.